Looking for Dive Buddy in Maui Jan 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wirelessboy

Reaction score
I have booked a last minute trip to Maui and I am looking for a dive buddy on January 29. I have a car so I can dive in either Kihei or Lahaina. I have an advanced Padi certification and around 50 dives. I was looking to dive in the early afternoon as I will be in the maui aquarium shark tank in the am - hopefully I will still be in one piece after that!

Thanks!!!

early afternoon is likely to drastically limit your diving potential... most of the shore sites are usually pretty rough by then. Can you switch your shark tank dive to the afternoon?

We did the shark tank ourselves last year and really enjoyed it. You'll love miss piggy.

Hey! I'm looking for dive ideas that same day and time...late afternoon or a night dive. I'm on a last minute trip myself.
I'm biking down the crater/volcano in the morning so your time frame works perfect for me.
Now we just need a local to show us around..

D'Anne -- for the 29th? I thought you were looking for the 30th.

Ah well... I've said I'm game... providing conditions are divable. :)

Yeah - afternoon on the 29th for sure. Our plans are finally starting to take shape and make sense! I'm doing the 3-tank with Ed Robinsons on the morning of the 30th and all diving must cease for me by 2:30 that afternoon :( (24hr flight time cutoff- i'm a responsible diver! :) )

Anyhow, we are supposed to be back at the hotel from our bike adventure by noon on the 29th and i'm free to dive after that! I may have to take a nap on the ocean floor for a few minutes, but I won't let it stop me!! haha :)

So I'll be in Wailea...I may be able to get dropped off somewhere....but i'll be ready to dive! All I'll need is tanks and weights.

That's great, I will be in Wailea and should be able to dive from around 12pm. I have sent you a "private message" which you can access undwer the "Welcome dldiver" dialogue box above the log out link with my contact information !

Apologies if you knew how to do this already, this was my first time sending a provate message and it took a little time to figure out :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom