Looking for dive buddies or group in Vancouver BC area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dizzyds

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I am relatively new to diving, I only have 21 dives so far and I am looking to do more. I have AOW certification and all my training is done in cold water either in WhyteCliff or Porteau Cove. I am looking for someone or a group that can show me around the Vancouver dive sites, since all my dives consist some kind of skill test :) I just want to do some leisure dives to get the know the sites better. I have my own equipment and transportation and I am usually available on the weekends. If anyone is interested please let me know. Thanks.

Hey, welcome to the board! Keep an eye out here, many of us use this board to get together for dives, it's a great way to meet up with new dive buddies.

Also, many of the local dive shops have free dives on Saturdays or Sundays that are usually led by a dive master, and these are also a great way to get out diving, especially for those who are newly certified.

Welcome to the board!
As Rob says, watch for threads here and jump in. We are (mostly) harmless... Except Marty.

I'll be diving Furry Creek tomorrow with my son and a buddy. If you want to join us let me know and we could meet at Porteau.
Andrew.
PS. As DaleC's avatar would suggest, his gear is held together by shear determination and duct tape. I suspect his sanity is as well.

It's not true! I'm perfectly sane. I even have a certificate from the hospital to prove it.

Btw Andrew, I bought that backpack from craigslist
Picture2004-26.jpg

That might raise a few eyebrows at Whytecliff.

Hey Andrew, when will you be at Furry? I haven't been diving in forever, but it's time to get going again.

Thanks for the replies and the warm welcome, basically I did a Saturday and Sunday dive with the local LDS and they were both great! I am looking to do that every weekend now since I need more dives under my belt so I can shed my newbie status to not so newbie :p but I will keep and eye out to see if something comes up here! Thanks again everyone.

DaleC is that a old school rebreather?

Hey welcome aboard. Like others said just keep an eye out here for dive outings. A few of us also head down to Keystone and Edmonds in Washigton several times a year. I think that rig of Dale's is a double hose regulator. He can confirm that for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom