Looking for digital stopwatch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So, I'm in the middle of my IDC, and my analog dive watch is not cutting it as a timer, as yesterday, at 130 feet in freshwater, I just couldn't read it well enough to time tasks.

So I need a digital stopwatch that I can use at recreational limits. I have the following requirements:

1. digital only. No analog.
2. can extend the wrist strap so I can wear it with a dry suit.
3. As inexpensive as possible (<$200 hopefully)
4. Be backlit or in some other way easy to read in the dark.
5. Reliable (I do not want justifiably upset students if the device fails)
6. As large as possible (I'm 44 and I know that my eyesight is not what it used to be and will get worse).

I've looked at the Del Mar, Casio's, and some other cheap ones that I've read flood if you use the buttons, as well as a number of threads here. I'm not finding the exact question being asked, hence the new thread.

For those curious, I have the Aeris CS300 which lacks the stopwatch feature (or outputs the minutes & seconds of the dive elapsing. That would work as well).

Suggestions?

---------- Post added November 3rd, 2015 at 02:40 PM ----------

I decided for this watch: Freestyle Mariner Watch | Sailing Regatta Timer Watch | Sailors Watch. Picked one up from Diver Express whom assured me that the buttons can be used at depth. I'll try the extra band extender from my other dive computer to wear it when I'm in my dry suit.

Criteria 1 through 4 are met. Have to see about 5 & 6.

Back
Top Bottom