Question Looking for delrin thumbwheels, but do I need Metric or Imperial threads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Heruhur

Heruhur

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I have a Halcyon Infinity 40 BP/W (with the weighted STA) and I'm getting sick of tightening the wing nuts every time and ending up with a wobbly STA nonetheless.
So I'm looking to get some delrin thumb wheels, but which do I need? Imperial or Metric?
The wing was bought here in Europe, anyone know if Halcyon goes metric for European customers?

Same looseness dude, grab a couple of flat washers to protect your plate if that's your thing
spring washers and nyloc nuts flatten your eyelets and go for it and then no more looseness

Hey or you can tighten your wingnut with an adjustable spanner without snapping off a wing

Totally depends on the bolts that were put in your STA. Best is to just take one of the bolts out and bring it to the local hardware store and they will have a thread gauge and can tell you if its metric of imperial. And while you are there if you don't take your B/W apart much then just but some 316 SS nylon lock nuts and put those on. They will never loosen on you. This is what I do.

Totally depends on the bolts that were put in your STA.
Not that I don't appreciate your answer, but . . . . no **** Sherlock . . . . :wink:
Unfortunately the weight and the bolts are a mono-piece.
If they weren't I would have simply bought metric carriage bolts along with the nuts and be done with it.
Guess I will have to remove the STA-weight then and have them checked.
Really hope they turn out to be metric, getting anything in imperial sizes is somewhat of a challenge here.
Getting it in 316SS even more so. And a nyloc 5/16-18 316SS nut would be damn near impossible.
(at least getting two pieces of them for a reasonable price)

Thanx, it's 304SS but that's okay so is the wingnut that the wing came with it.
As soon as I have the threading confirmed I can order them (or not).
Delivery times appear to be april-june, but at least the price is O.K.

I have a halcyon weighted STA. Sounds like the same one you have. The bolts are permanently mounted to the weight which fits into the STA.

These delrin thumbwheels fit the threads. So looks like you want 5/16” thumbwheels. I doubt Halcyon makes different weighted STA for Europe vs. US but if you're uncertain, just contact them.

EE356701-FE87-499B-B780-8C749A330E35.jpeg

Go to hardware store and get some plain steel nuts to test if they fit. If you can screw whole nut on bolt, it matches.
Yea I had the same idea, just tried it, it's 5/16" the M8 nut goes on a few turns before it gets stuck. (no worries I didn't force it any further)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom