Looking for Darwin diving info.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There is a good chance that I might be working in Darwin during the month of April, although we will be working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week, (I am considering taking my dive gear), if there is, I will be working night shift which is usually 6 to 6 or 7 to 7 so we would like to be able to dive right after work a couple of days a week, at least that's the idea. I don't think boat diving would be an option due to our need to get some sleep, but maybe a 1 tank dive could work, if there is an operator that would be willing to do this.
I thought I would see if any Scubaboarders have any info on diving in Darwin. Like favorite dive shops, dive sites, diving conditions at this time of the year, water temp, etc. etc. I like to hear about it.

Thanks

I believe diving in Darwin is a tough gig - they get large tides and can only dive at specific times each month.

Best to contact the shops there directly and you'll likely have to do a search - a quick google found Welcome to Diving in the Top End with a funky web site and this info...doesn't sound promising with your tight schedule maybe...

Remember we only have 1 weekends every 2 weeks to dive,

Not to mention the salt water crocs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom