Looking for custom suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sad to say no.... :eek:(...Seems the red is hard to come by and even with the name we are not seeming to find the company....any luck on your end?

... Some were textured as if they had scales. I don't remember lady versions but I don't remeber very much. ...
Those would've been the Imperial wetsuits. :wink:
I got my first tank & reg from a Sears & Roebuck catalog, came filled with air, too.
JC Penny supplied my 3/16 suit.
Junkpile provided "weight belt" of 5' of rusty logging chain w/bindertwine "buckle".
Got a 3/8" 1-piece Parkways Sharkskin II suit from Central after that, adding a 1/8" home made hooded vest underneath did wonders, poured my own weights from recovered sinkers.

justleesa:
sad to say no.... :eek:(...Seems the red is hard to come by and even with the name we are not seeming to find the company....any luck on your end?
I think the photographer is selling his photos on ebay. Maybe contact him?

linky

justleesa
I got the suit I ordered from Eliossub today. It is beautiful. It is the softest, stretchiest (sp) suit I have ever seen. It is a smooth out skin with an olive nylon interior. It has zippers on wrists and ankles. I opted for a john bottom. The zippers were sewn on the exterior as compared to the interior as some or most boots are. I don't know why, but maybe has to do with the strength of the neoprene without the nylon exterior. The butter fly closure uses a toggle style of fastener, different from the snaps and "turn" type of the 1960s. Overall, it is really nice. Not 100% as the originals of the 1960's but will definitely do. 6mm for my diving. They offer many neoprene selections in thickness and density. If someone is still making the colored skin out neoprene these people can get it and make what you want. Email and ask.

Dave, thanks for the link! I'll try that :D

Simon, glad your suit came out the way you wanted it!

justleesa:
Dave, thanks for the link! I'll try that :D

Simon, glad your suit came out the way you wanted it!

I posted photos on the Vintage Scuba Supply forum. Follow threads through sale discussion area.

Some of my spearfishing friends have purchased wetsuits from DiveSkin in Greece with excellant results! They saved tons of money vs. purchasing Omer freediving wetsuits and love his suits, sales, and service.

Back
Top Bottom