looking for combi diving+hotel in Coz or Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leoncito

Reaction score
HI!

Please give me some advice about where to stay and dive in Cozumel or Playa del Carmen.

As I am travelling alone the last week of february, I think it could be a good idea to look for a PADI diving center within a hotel, just to make contacts easier, when you see the people not only when diving.

I am looking for a quiet place, not much action, rather budget than fancy, surrounded by nice nature, located at a pleasant beach, with a good restaurant and of course with good PADI dive masters, and good offers for a 5 days combi diving+accomodation.

Where is the atmosphere better, where are the best value prices: Coz or Playa del Carmen???

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!
Gerhard

last Saturday. Stayed at El Cid/La Ciba and dove with
Papa Hogs. They pick you up at the dock with some
other divers from nearby hotels. They are walking
distance from each other. Papa Hogs is A+ and
El Cid is A- in my book. It does have a little beach
and shore dives which some of the other places don't.
Papa Hogs is cheap if you buy 5 days of diving.

:froggy:
I recently stayed at the Fiesta Americana in Coz. Their house dive shop is the Dive House, A very good operation but they're many good ops in Coz.
Just be sure to contact the house op after you book the hotel and get on their reservation list, It would be a real bummer to have to leave a hotel with a good dive shop to find an operation that has room on the boat

:froggy:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom