Looking for Classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeaceDog: my reference to the article was not meant to put Bill off his goal of going pro, but rather just something I found funny :D (guess since I'm not looking to make a career out of it, it didn't seem mean-spirited to me). I do however fully agree with your point about there being a huge difference between when he got into the biz and today.

Bill: again, in no way was I trying to put you off. I'm behind you 1000% man! :bang: I firmly believe in doing what you love... it ain't worth it otherwise.

As for the classes: its just to make the search easier for Bill. I do however fully agree that watching hours and hours of docs and films is a great way to see what and what not to do. There are quite a # of great examples of work on this board (including the work that Wags is doing and can be downloaded - you rock!)

Anyway, I would love to have 1 more person in the water with a camera showing us things that we've never seen before, or showing us what we do see, but in a different light.

Gonzalve:
PeaceDog: my reference to the article was not meant to put Bill off his goal of going pro, but rather just something I found funny :D (guess since I'm not looking to make a career out of it, it didn't seem mean-spirited to me). I do however fully agree with your point about there being a huge difference between when he got into the biz and today.

No, I'm actually glad you linked that article. I found it very useful, was a good read. I just thought Hall had a slighty overcast attitude. Great story. thank you for sharing it.

As for the classes: its just to make the search easier for Bill. I do however fully agree that watching hours and hours of docs and films is a great way to see what and what not to do. There are quite a # of great examples of work on this board (including the work that Wags is doing and can be downloaded - you rock!)

I absolutely think a class or two is great for beginners. I offer them myself. So, with a modicum of self-interest, I agree here, too! =)

Anyway, I would love to have 1 more person in the water with a camera showing us things that we've never seen before, or showing us what we do see, but in a different light.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom