looking for buddies/group/dive clubs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hucqym

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,
I recently got my open water certification and am pretty excited about doing more. I dont know anyone else in the dive community yet and wanted to join some group (formal/informal) to go with and have fun. I am pretty comfortable in the water but all my previous dives have been in the tropics. I promise not to be a liability but would be nice to go with some experienced folks who would be kind enough to keep an eye on me and give me a tip or two :) I live in Palo Alto, CA and any place around like monterey, lobos etc will be good.

I am so looking forward to going out this weekend for a couple of dives. Is there something I can join in on?

Welcome hucqym!

I think we're pretty loose-knit up here for the most part, but you shouldn't have any problems finding good buddies to dive with. Chuck's page is a fantastic place to start, and you'll find a lot of weekend buddy-seekers on this forum as well.

Definitely heed the advice above - this ain't the tropics. You'll be lumbering around in more than a half inch of exposure protection, head to toe, with a ton of weight to get you to sink. Plus, the water's pretty darn cold. The diving is great, but it takes perseverance.

Welcome to the cold water.

Do have a dry suit or 7MM wet suit yet? That is what it takes, year 'round. I am heading to Monterey tomorrow morning (9/14) if you are interested. I have about 30 dives in Monterey and know my way around. It was not too long ago that I was where you are now so I know the questions and problems you are facing. Are you open for a dive? I am in Sunnyvale.....
Ken

Welcome to the cold water.

Do have a dry suit or 7MM wet suit yet? That is what it takes, year 'round. I am heading to Monterey tomorrow morning (9/14) if you are interested. I have about 30 dives in Monterey and know my way around. It was not too long ago that I was where you are now so I know the questions and problems you are facing. Are you open for a dive? I am in Sunnyvale.....
Ken

Hi Ken, Thanks so much for your offer but unfortuately i received the email alert too late to be of any use. I have bought a 7mm suit but yet to receive the shipment. In any case I think I'll enrol for an advance open water thingy to get comfortable and then join folks like you for more trips.
Thanks guys! posting on this forum has been encouraging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom