Looking for another set of fins....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SavDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It has been a while since I have bought a new pair of fins and I decided I would take input on here about what fins I should look at. I am going for a jet fin style, I have tried the rk3 and I did not have the best experience with them. The rk3 HD where better but just no there for me. I personally like the dive rite xt fins but, need a shorter compact travel version. I absolutely hate light fins that have no stiffness and are positively buoyant. I am the guy who would rather be diving with rebar duct-taped to 2x4 instead of having a flexible fin. If anyone has any recommendations for a very stiff fin that is heavy and not positively buoyant I am all ears. I have been looking at the XDeep Hard Fins, the only sad thing is there is not a lot of reviews on the market about them.

You might take a look at the Torpedo fin from Piranha Dive Mfg. I have read some very good things about them, and will probably order a set myself in the near future.

Piranha's Torpedo Fins

DW

Deep 6 Eddy fins or Slipstreams. If they're too light for you, then the Hollis F1 or F1 LT.

What about the OMS Slipstream or the Tribe fins?
Some guys from the dive club i'm diving with have them and they are really happy with them.

You might take a look at the Torpedo fin from Piranha Dive Mfg. I have read some very good things about them, and will probably order a set myself in the near future.

Piranha's Torpedo Fins

DW

Possibility

Deep 6 Eddy fins or Slipstreams. If they're too light for you, then the Hollis F1 or F1 LT.

The Deep 6 are just not heavy enough they only weight 2lbs and I have heard that they are mostly positively buoyant. Both of the Hollis fins are too light, I prefer stiff and heavy fins.

What about the OMS Slipstream or the Tribe fins?
Some guys from the dive club I'm diving with have them and they are really happy with them.

Way to short and I like a spring heel strap. I looked at OMS and said no because of the weight. I am the guy who would rather dive lead ingots than a light flexible fin. You get more power out of the stiffness and with that, you can do small kicks that yield more propulsion. The only downside to stiff/heavy fins is the fact that they are not as forgiving when you mess up.

stiff, heavy, and modest length?

Turtles....

What about SP Jets?

stiff, heavy, and modest length?

Turtles....

What about SP Jets?
I am looking at those and the XDeep ex1 hard fins. Supposedly the XDeep ones are a lot stiffer than the Jets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom