Looking for an inexpensive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit:
I have two of the Impact XL LED's and I love them. Small but brighter than my bigger lights.
Ber :lilbunny:
I know the OP was asking about night dives... but how does the XL work to peek into dark places on day dives? I read a review that said the beam wasn't focused enough for that...

And any idea how it would work with rechargeable NiMH batteries?

Marek K:
I know the OP was asking about night dives... but how does the XL work to peek into dark places on day dives? I read a review that said the beam wasn't focused enough for that...

And any idea how it would work with rechargeable NiMH batteries?

I've never used it for that, only night dives and dives in Ginnie Springs cavern. It really lit up dark places in the cavern, a friend was using my SL4 and it was like he didn't even have a light compared to my XL's beam.
Ber :lilbunny:

Thanks for all the input folks (way more than I anticipated :D) I think I'll go with PT for now, since it seems pretty popular and people have been more or less happy with the quality and customer service. I won't be too sad if I outgrow it soon, too :wink:

Back
Top Bottom