Looking for an Ice Dive course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
preferably in Tobermory but other suggestions are also welcome. Thanks.

I also would LOVE to learn ice diving .....

i am running an ice dive course this feb - march (depending on weather ) all special gear is supplied by me contact me if interested .....if you dont want to get under the ice i also teach an ice diver tender course which gives you the ability to run an ice dive safely ........

Ponder this: if you are relying on a surface tender, should you be under the ice ? After your introduction to under-ice diving, review your equipment. My buddy and I run our own lines, more like a cavern vs. cave dive.

Ponder this: if you are relying on a surface tender, should you be under the ice ? After your introduction to under-ice diving, review your equipment. My buddy and I run our own lines, more like a cavern vs. cave dive.

the tender is there for SAFETY .......if you take a proper course you learn that ...and not to rely on surface support

I have taken, and assisted on, 'proper' courses.
You stated, 'and not to rely on surface support'. My buddy and I don't.
Riddle me this: Why don't cave divers use tenders for 'SAFETY' ?

because it wouldn't be safe ... if you have to ask that question i would question your training ............

Since you question my training; Riddle me this: 1 atmosphere in sea water is 33 feet. 1 atm in fresh water is 34 ft. U.S Navy Tables are in FSW. You are diving at 100 feet in fresh water. What is your decompression safety factor since you are in fresh water vs. sea water ? (This question is from the time of watches and depth gauges, before divers relied on dive computers to do all of the calculations).

are you kidding glenn?....since im an instructor trainer/instructor evaluator with 30 + years of teaching (yeah from the 70s been diving ).....i defer to your superior knowledge ....have a nice day

Woodbridge, Virginia ? Tobermory, Ontario, is a long way to go. You could probably find a quarry that is closer. Do you have a special interest in Tobermory ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom