Looking for an Aqua Lung Quartz 2 mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bilsant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have an Aqualung Quartz 2 mask with prescription lenses bonded in, but have cracked the inserts and nosepiece...time to get a new one so I can switch lenses over but apparently the Quartz 2 is a discontinued model.

None of the local LDS around here have them on the shelf (trust me, I've called everyone that sells Aqualung for 150 miles), Ebay doesn't have any, and Aqualung no longer carries the mask or parts. The optician who bonded the Rx lenses says he can't get them back off the original glass.

I'm hoping not to bite the bullet and order a whole new mask with Rx lenses.

I'm open to suggestions...

These guys in Canada list the mask for CAD $54.95. I put it into a shopping cart, entered my Maryland address, and it showed shipping charges of CAD $15.98 by FEDEX Ground, or CAD $10.00 by Canada Post.

At about 1:1 CAD:USD, it's not real cheap for a mask... but if you gotta, you gotta.

Thanks....looks like this is the way I'm gong to have to go...

...I'll make an obvious point here, you've learned a lesson that many other divers have learned the hard way if there is a situation involving a critical gear component that you MUST have (like you're hard to fit for a mask and have FINALLY found a model that works for YOU).....buy (and carefully store) a few spares for future years and you NEVER know when either a particular model gets discontinued.....or....an entire manufacturer goes out of business, leaving you SOL!

Actually, I took your advice a couple of years ago and bought a couple. This is the last one. Thank you for using this thread to make your obvious point.

Thanks again Marek for the useful info. I hadn't found that shop when I Googled.

BTW, for anyone who runs into the same problem, I found that the Aqua Lung Quartz 4 uses the same lenses, though the closest one of those I've been able to find is in Phuket.

You're welcome.

But be nice.

In my case, I've got -9.5 diopter off-the-shelf corrective lenses. My mask (Technisub/U.S. Divers Look) is also discontinued, and it's extremely difficult to find masks that have off-the-self lenses available in that strong a diopter.

I did manage to find a different brand (Edge) that makes a mask with the right kind of lenses. I got one of those, but as a back-up in case the Look breaks on a trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom