Looking for active dive clubs/divers - Charleston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ioncloud9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking for any active dive clubs in the Charleston, Columbia, or even Myrtle Beach area that are active. I have searched exhaustively but most of what I've found has been long inactive.

Hey, I'm a diver in South Carolina. I just found this thread via search. You'll want to check out The Amazing Divers of Lake Jocassee, Lake Murray Divers, and Divers of Augusta, all Facebook groups, for lake diving. There's also Charleston Scuba Group for divers in the Charleston area, but I find that one to be much less active (probably because all the sites typically dived here are well offshore).

All of the groups mentioned are good ways to find buddies if you're willing to either make a post or just message people but Divers of Augusta is the only group where you regularly find people posting dive plans open to other people joining. Similar postings happen from time to time in Lake Murray Divers, though less often now that the main walk-in site is closed (a temporary situation due to current events).

I'm also trying to find a group in Myrtle Beach area! We're fairly new, but would love to find a group that's fun to take day trips with. I know our local dive shop is full of great people too. Maybe do you have a local dive shop you could go and ask?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom