Looking for a US divers part

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldNSalty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I don't need it now but my LDS claims that it is no longer in the catalog and if it breaks I am screwed. It is for an SE3 or SEA4 second stage (maybe others). I'll try and describe it as best I can. It is a retaining pin of sorts that keeps the faceplate from being able to unscrew and is held on by a plastic threaded plug opposite where the hose comes in.

A co-worker has expressed interest in buying my SE3 setup but I feel obliged to warn him about the part or find a source should it become a problem in the future.

Thanks

do you mean part 100389, the alignment key? you don't actually need that in all honesty. the 2nd stage works just fine even if the little tab breaks off. it serves no real purpose other than to make it harder to remove the 2nd stage cover than necessary.

"alignment key" That sounds like the thing but I don't have a parts diagram. I agree- I doesn't look like it is needed so I'll just let him know. Thanks for the info guys and the offer for spares. Honestly it looks like something that if a person had a 3D scanner they could just make a handful.

Herman and I are working on improvements to both the retainer and the hex cap that covers the 2nd stage adjustment port for those 2nd stages. Details to follow in the usual place.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I have a US Divers Pioneer that I believe is the same regulator as the SEA4. I did a DIY repair on the end cap by gluing a cut off section of allen wrench in the hex hole. It makes it stronger than new but I would definitely buy a improved version when available.

View attachment 217375View attachment 217376

Attachments

• IMG_0944.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0945.jpg
    IMG_0945.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 53
The alignment pin part itself is pretty tough, odds are you will not break it, the plug on the other hand is notorious for breaking. The alignment pin is not necessary for safe operation of the reg, the retainer plug is. There are 2 version of the plug, one like above and the other that just fills the hole (that version of the second stage did not use the retainer which pretty much proves USD didn't think you needed it either). Bryan has prototypes of both types and is working on getting some made. Stay tuned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom