Looking for a tough digital dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had one similar to this for about 5 years now. Daily watch and dive watch. With the white face, the EL really lights up at night. Some of the other EL watches with the blue faces aren't as bright. One other nice feature is the crystal is recessed so it has no scratches on it. Amazon sells them for $43. Casio Men's DW9052-1V G-Shock Black Stainless Steel and Resin Digital Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

Capture.JPG

ShopCasio.com | G-SHOCK DW9052-1V Black

True 'diver' watches are pretty expensive- often more than the $200 you're willing to pay. G-SHOCK has the Frogman series for example- these are tested for pressure and incur a large price hike. I had one for around 10 years but it finally died....

Now I have the G-LIDE which works for me and is under $100. It has a much smaller profile which helps getting in and out of straps (something that annoyed me with the Frogman). It has a cool moon/tide indicator as well.

If you do not mind used look for a Suunto D3 or Mosquito. IMHO a much better watch than the dry land watch made to get wet.

Casio G-shock with 200 meter depth rating.. they are more expensive now. I have worn mine on many hundreds of dives, many past rec depths... works excellent, although I never mess with buttons on bottom.. I just set stop watch when I spash when doing deco dives for elapsed time.. No question this is what you want .

Casio ARW-320

My total fav is the Casio ARW-320 analog - digital with depth meter - altimeter - barometer - altitude and depth alarms and all the usual timer, stop watch and alarm functions. I believe they stopped making them around 1989.

arw320.jpg

Another vote for G-shock. Hard to go wrong with one.

I rather like my Casio, and it's been through a LOT. Still works a charm.

Model is a Sea-Pathfinder.

Has Sea Pathfinder been discontinued? Seems hard to find.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom