Looking for a smaller dive log binder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jedah

Contributor
Reaction score
My fiancee and I have recently been looking at dive log binders, and they all seem to be so big (8x11")!

The smallest dive log binder we found was www.dive-logs.com's compact binder, which measures 7x8" and they sell for $25 out of GB (don't know about shipping rates to the US).

Given our reluctance to carry around huge binders, my fiancee recommended a trip to the local Staples. Surprisingly, we found a pretty nice "personal organizer," which measures 5.5x8.5", is made out of ballistic nylon, supposedly waterproof (we are spraying silicone on it to make sure), uses the 3 ring system, is zippered, has inside pockets for dive cards, pens, and even an outside pocket, for $32. We are throwing out the "organizer" cards that it comes with, putting in our 3-ring PADI logbooks, and adding 3-ring dive log pages (which fit perfectly!).

If you've been looking for a smaller dive binder, check it out:

http://www.dayrunner.com/product.asp?WPROD=468

Alternatively, if you have found a real dive log binder that comes close in size to this one (5.5x8.5"), please let us know!

J.

I use the small (9"-7") school type 3-ring binders from Walmart or Office Depot. Cost about $2 and make my own custom logbook pages. Works for me and holds a lot of pages. However, I NEVER take it out on a dive boat.

Check out Leisure-Pro and Diver's Supply on-line. The have some pretty neat ones with diving logos etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom