Looking for a set of warm water travel regulators.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For recreational depths in warm water, it really doesn't matter what reg you choose.
A cheap set of Cressis will suit the bill wonderfully and they are dirt cheap to service.

My wife's and daughter's warm water travel regs are ScubaPro mk20/25 firsts and ScubaPro g250 seconds. Picked up used for pennies on the dollar, and perform in the upper tier of regulators.
This is what i am using in the tropics. However i could see swapping the mk25s for lighter mk11s.

Everything that works in cold water will work in warm water, you can spend a bunch of $$ for titanium and it makes a difference even if small.

apeks atx40/ds4 or mk11/c370 if you can get it shipped from europe
I see that combo quite often, from Europe, on seaBay. Reasonable price.

Recently passed up a couple of them from a dive shop up in Buffalo, NY. Floor models, not used. I don't recall if it was on here or seaBay. But those are gone.

Was at AKR with (not in) their group last year. Nice folks.

OMMOHY

Everything that works in cold water will work in warm water, you can spend a bunch of $$ for titanium and it makes a difference even if small.
One of these days Simon is gonna break out his emergency back-stock of all those surplus MK11ts he has ...

OMMOHY

MK11 / C370 great combination. You can find several of them used on eBay and even in SB.
Or you can buy new from Amazon

I have obtained a few mk11 firsts to replace my mk20/25 pistons for the travel sets. Just haven't had time (or need for travel as we are going nowhere) to swap them out.

Mk11ts are soooooo light and compact compared to my HOG D3s and D1s (Same size as Deep 6 Signature/SP MK19 and Apeks DST for comparison) It would be nice if there was a MK17t for the full environmental seal, but I was convinced that the Ti diaphragm 1st will survive with after-trip soaking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom