Looking for a Purus Service/Technical Manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thunder Bay Minnow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Could someone send me a scan or a valid link for a Bauer Purus Service/Technical Manual?

Looking to replace bearings and would like some torque specs, etc.

All I could get from Bauer was a parts manual.

Jeff

Bauer made two versions of the "Purus", one was a '70's model that had a round plastic or steel fancover with a belt driven cooling fan. The next version from the '80's to the early '90's was a machine that was most popularly known as a U-10. The difference was the U-10 was run with a 3 hp electric motor and the "Purus" had a 2 hp electric motor. The units were identical except for the motor, pulley and drive belt. The U-10 was also available with a 5.5 Honda gas engine or a 4.0 Yanmar Diesel. So sad that they discontinued this model and replaced with the Junior and then the Junior II. The U-10/Purus model could be swapped between gas/diesel and electric with very little effort if you purchased the optional gas/diesel package. It was the best small portable of its time for Grade D scuba.

So, what do you guys have?

Craig

Craig, mine has 1977 on the plate, along with #527-5760,2.7 cfm, and 3200psi.
It has a 1.5 hp Australian made electric motor on a hinged base.
I know a photo would be good: but I hesitate to try this undertaking.
Thanks
Eric

I will check my sources to see if a workshop manual is available for either version. Don't hold your breath though.

Craig

Sorry guys, can find plenty of owners manuals, but nary a one workshop manual.

Craig

Thank you Craig for your time and effort.
A ScubaBoard member has sent some manuals which are most appreciated.
Thanks
Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom