Looking for a place to crash in Monterey on Saturday 9/4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lenaxia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys,

So it's a good thing I emailed my instructor now instead of waiting for our AOW class session.

I'm doing my AOW dives on Labor Day weekend unfortunately (the BossLady is not happy). Well my instructor just told me we're doing our Night dive on Saturday night, then Sunday we're doing an early boat dive.

My options are:
1) get less than 4 hours of sleep after driving back up to Santa Clara and then driving back down for an early boat
2) Pay out the rear for a hotel room that'll be overpriced because its a holiday or
3) Find someone willing to let me crash at their place for the night.

#3 is preferable which is why I'm here now. Our night dive ends at 10pm and after debrief and ungearing, it'll probably be 11.00 hopefully earlier though. If anyone is willing to let me crash at their place for the night I'd be willing to pay rent or treat them to a round or two or three of beer. Or should we get a chance to dive together in the future, fills/dive costs are on me.

A floor, couch, garage, really anything is fine.

Hell, if you have a piece of land/yard that is 7ft x 3ft I will take it and pitch a tent as I don't really need anything other than a place to sleep and my ultralite tent needs some lovin'. That is all I need, I don't even need a shower/bathroom to be honest since I'll just be diving again in the morning.

If you can accommodate me I'd be greatly indebted. It's somewhat last minute but I'd appreciate anything, including a piece of land. Or if you know anyone who might be able to help, could you point them in my direction? Free beer/beverage of your choice for you?

For anyone who's curious, I'm taking my class through AnyWater in San Jose.
http://anywater.com/instrAdvanced.php?sec=ow

I'm taking the Sept 2,4,5th class.

-Mike

I plan on giving them a call tomorrow, but it is listed as first come first serve. With it being Labor Day weekend, and with me coming in Saturday morning even if it is early (maybe even earlier than they open), it is not something I want to bet on.

Like I said, will give them a call, but not betting on it.

Online atleast says they're full. I'll give them a call as well tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

Salinas isn't far away and often a good bet on holiday weekends. I haven't checked for this weekend though-

There's always the Break Water parking lot. You wouldn't be alone, that's for sure.

There you go!
If pitching a tent by the beach is allowed, that's what I'll do.

Do they ticket for sleeping in yuor car? I really wouldn't mind doing it. I've been yelled at for doing that before though.

Also totally forgot about that website! Its been a while since I last heard of it.

Back
Top Bottom