Looking For A Manual/Specs For A Bristol Compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I own what I presume to be a Bristol 18 CFM compressor that was originally used as to fill breathing tanks for a fire department. The unit was put together by Ingersoll Rand and runs off the truck's PTO.

With diesel prices being what they are, I'm looking into the possibility of adding an electric motor to the unit. It doesn't make sense to me to run a 200 HP diesel engine to drive the compressor when I could just as easily plug the unit into the power that we have on-site.

Looking at the plates that are on the unit, the model number of the compressor head is BPT18BPY. It's a four-stage that outputs 5000 PSI. The interesting part (to me anyways) is that the stages are stacked so that each lobe has two stages.

Despite all my Google searching, I've been unable to find any literature on this compressor. My other compressor is a decommissioned military compressor, and I've become spoiled with the maintenance literature that I have for it. I'm hoping that somebody has similar literature for this compressor.

Thanks in advance.

I own what I presume to be a Bristol 18 CFM compressor that was originally used as to fill breathing tanks for a fire department. The unit was put together by Ingersoll Rand and runs off the truck's PTO.

With diesel prices being what they are, I'm looking into the possibility of adding an electric motor to the unit. It doesn't make sense to me to run a 200 HP diesel engine to drive the compressor when I could just as easily plug the unit into the power that we have on-site.

Looking at the plates that are on the unit, the model number of the compressor head is BPT18BPY. It's a four-stage that outputs 5000 PSI. The interesting part (to me anyways) is that the stages are stacked so that each lobe has two stages.

Despite all my Google searching, I've been unable to find any literature on this compressor. My other compressor is a decommissioned military compressor, and I've become spoiled with the maintenance literature that I have for it. I'm hoping that somebody has similar literature for this compressor.

Thanks in advance.

i can help with photo copy of parts book fot the block
i think its a 4s24 block
any chance of some photos ?
pm me with your address for photo copys
colin

I think you're right about it being a 4s24--I seem to remember finding that number on the compressor. I know I took pictures of it last year. Now I just have to find them.

Thanks for your help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom