Looking for a liveaboard out of Ft. Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebunnybabe:
Luke,
Thanks so much for emailing about a month back. My hubby and I have decided on the Nekton Pilot, sailing on August 27th to the Northern Bahamas. Hopefully the hurricane's will stay away that week!
Thanks again for your help and advise.
Scuba Bunny :)
Have fun. I just got back from that same trip last week. That route has a little something for everybody. We had good weather all week. Hopefully, you'll get the same. Good diving!
Luke

Nekton. Was there another liveaboard?

Not as far as I've seen. And I seen a lot.

Do all of the itinneraries. I also did the Belize deal a few times.

No better way to spend a surface interval than aboard one of the ugliest boats in the Caribbean. Mighty fine.

Are there any other live-aboard operators departing Ft. Lauderdale besides Nekton? MV Shearwater apparently is out of Palm Beach, Blackbeard is out of Miami. For a change, there is a $100 RT fare from Hartford, CT (where I live) to Ft. Lauderdale, so I'd love to sneak in a trip.

I'm not familiar with others out of Fort Lauderdale. However, out of Palm Beach (Actually Riviera Beach) is the Gulfstream Eagle. It's probably a 45 minute drive from Fort Lauderdale. We do a short (4-day/3night) trip with them every October to West End, which is really Northern Bahamas. The diving is great...the boat isn't anywhere on a par with the high end outfits (i.e. Aggressor and others), but they keep it very clean, there's plenty of room on the dive deck even with a pretty full boat, and the food was very good as well.

Gulfstream is definitely worth what they charge, and I'm sure if it's last minute they'll do even better. Mark Rose is one of the owners and he also captains the boat. Below is a link to their website.

http://www.gulfstreameagle.com/

Good luck and have fun!

AllenG:
Are there any other live-aboard operators departing Ft. Lauderdale besides Nekton? MV Shearwater apparently is out of Palm Beach, Blackbeard is out of Miami. For a change, there is a $100 RT fare from Hartford, CT (where I live) to Ft. Lauderdale, so I'd love to sneak in a trip.

I enjoyed the Bahamas run out of Lauderdale so much that I took a Belize run with them in the same year. Great trip, great boat, great crew and the food sucks (just seeing if anyone is paying attention, the food certainly does not suck)

Jeff

AllenG:

M/V Ocean Explorer is out of Pompano Beach, just north of Ft Lauderdale. Check them out at http://www.oceanexplorercharters.com

How about West Palm Beach January 5-9 diving in the Bahamas??? Email me for more info and pricing.

ral@hillpackaging.com

divebunnybabe:
Luke,
Thanks so much for emailing about a month back. My hubby and I have decided on the Nekton Pilot, sailing on August 27th to the Northern Bahamas. Hopefully the hurricane's will stay away that week!
Thanks again for your help and advise.
Scuba Bunny :)

So?

How was it....We leave on Sat for the Northwest Bahamas aboard the Nekton Pilot.

Back
Top Bottom