Looking for a great lighting system? Check out Green Force!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whale Whisperer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
If anyone's looking for an outstanding lighting system, have a look at the Green Force! I just picked up their FIII battery with a 21Watt light head, and it is awesome! I just did a wreck penetration yesterday and the light totally rocks! I've also got one of their reels and it's rock solid too. The Green Force light system is a completely flexible set up and extremely durable. I've heard that the company will even drive a nail through plywood and turn on the lamp to show it's durability! The customer service from Manta is second to none! Here's the website to check out http://www.mantaind.com/ When you check them out say hello to Greg for me!

Whale Whisperer:
If anyone's looking for an outstanding lighting system, have a look at the Green Force! I just picked up their FIII battery with a 21Watt light head, and it is awesome! I just did a wreck penetration yesterday and the light totally rocks! I've also got one of their reels and it's rock solid too. The Green Force light system is a completely flexible set up and extremely durable. I've heard that the company will even drive a nail through plywood and turn on the lamp to show it's durability! The customer service from Manta is second to none! Here's the website to check out http://www.mantaind.com/ When you check them out say hello to Greg for me!

Thanks for the support Dom. Glad you are happy with your system

Greg

Why buy Green Force from Mantaind.com when you can purchase from scubastore.com for cheaper??

AquaGuy:
Why buy Green Force from Mantaind.com when you can purchase from scubastore.com for cheaper??

I don't believe it would be cheaper, though. You have to add $40 in shipping to those prices. After that the price is the same as Mantaind.com. So why not just buy it from an LDS here in the US?

AquaGuy:

AquaGuy,

We are the distributor, he did not purchase it directly from us we referred him to a local dealer. I just checked scubastore.com and the prices they are selling Green Force is the same price as the rest of our dealer network.

Thanks - Greg

Hmmm $1,202 vs $1107 ~ $95.00. Why don't you make your prices competitive? Is the service you offer via the internet worth $95.00?

AquaGuy:
Hmmm $1,202 vs $1107 ~ $95.00. Why don't you make your prices competitive? Is the service you offer via the internet worth $95.00?

Since his inventory was purchase in 2005, he can still sell at 05 prices. We had a slight increase in 06. He too will have to make an adjustment when he reorders. You might want to take advantage of it :wink:

I'm really not in the market for a $1000 dive light, but just wanted to point out to everyone that the internet is a powerful tool and if used correctly, can save you some money!

AquaGuy:

I'm missing something here. The shop you mention is in the UK. In addition to the price listed above, you have to add $40 in shipping and 4.2% in import duties. I don't see a savings.

How is that cheaper than buying from an American dealer?

I've never had to pay the 4.2% duty when I have purchased items from this site in the past. However, if you add that into the mix, the price is similar..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom