Looking for a great lighting system? Check out Green Force!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaGuy:
I've never had to pay the 4.2% duty when I have purchased items from this site in the past. However, if you add that into the mix, the price is similar..

This is actually why I never buy anything from UK online stores. If the cost is under $200 then you pay no duty. If it's over $200 then you pay the 4.5%. That might be why you didn't get hit with duty before.

Well besides the price, and whom you purchase it from, which is also important (but probably belongs to another thread). I think Green Force makes a damn good light. Those Belgin's know what they're doing!

AquaGuy:
I've never had to pay the 4.2% duty when I have purchased items from this site in the past. However, if you add that into the mix, the price is similar..

AquaGuy,

It seems like you are in the market for a system. If you have any questions about Green Force, feel free to contact me.

Thanks - Greg

Can you tell me more about the Green Force TriStar LED Light System. What is an equivivent HID watt rating to this 20 watt LED light? I like the 10 hour burn time!

AquaGuy:
Can you tell me more about the Green Force TriStar LED Light System. What is an equivivent HID watt rating to this 20 watt LED light? I like the 10 hour burn time!

Our Tristar Plus is our newest LED, it has an equivenlent rating to 30 watts. To compare it to our 10 Watt HID, it's about 10 watts less. If you were to hold the HID next to the LED you would notice a difference, but it's not that drastic. The advantage of this head compared to the HID is two things, durability/ bulb life and Price. You can use this light with our FIII battery and get between 9 - 10 hour of burn.

Our TriStar 15 is as bright as the 10 watt HID, but is less efficent and the cost is greater than HID.

I just used my light on a recent wreck penetration dive and also night dive just last night, and it was great! On the wreck dive I was able to light up the entire engine room of the Sea Tiger, and during the night dive I was able to compare it to a Halcyon 18watt HID light, and the difference was huge! the Halcyon's light had a bluish green tone where as mine had a really bright, pure white color to it, also the lens it came with (comes with spot lens and interchangeable to flood or video) produced a large hot spot with a good size halo to go with it. It was abit too bright for the fish, it kinda scared/pissed them off so I had to avoid pointing the hot spot at them. That was the only down side along with the fact that divers with less powerfull lights were significantly overpowered and makes it difficult to see them at times. I often had to "muffle" my light to see them. So I think I'll get the 10Watt HID specifically for night dives(Which is the beauty of this system).

Whale Whisperer:
I just used my light on a recent wreck penetration dive and also night dive just last night, and it was great! On the wreck dive I was able to light up the entire engine room of the Sea Tiger, and during the night dive I was able to compare it to a Halcyon 18watt HID light, and the difference was huge! the Halcyon's light had a bluish green tone where as mine had a really bright, pure white color to it, also the lens it came with (comes with spot lens and interchangeable to flood or video) produced a large hot spot with a good size halo to go with it. It was abit too bright for the fish, it kinda scared/pissed them off so I had to avoid pointing the hot spot at them. That was the only down side along with the fact that divers with less powerfull lights were significantly overpowered and makes it difficult to see them at times. I often had to "muffle" my light to see them. So I think I'll get the 10Watt HID specifically for night dives(Which is the beauty of this system).

Sounds Great Dom, I'm glad you are enjoying your system!:D Keep in touch.

Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom