Looking for a good tech rig, any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moody

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am trying to put togther a tech rig this winter. If anyone has any suggestions...?

A friend suggested "APEKS" and OMS, found a good site for ordering from a previous thread, but i am just looking for opinions on the best rig, combination....
Moody

How long is a piece of rope??

What type of diving are you planning on doing??

Other than the Regs what other dive gear is made by Apeks?

Backplates, wings, computers, watches, valves, masks... quite a lot of stuff these days

My guess would be the OP is asking about BP/W but it would help if he provided some more info

Backplates, wings, computers, watches, valves, masks... quite a lot of stuff these days

I really need to get out a little more often, I've only known them as Aqualungs upscale Regs.

FB-Florida Scuba Diver

Aqualung don't even distribute their full range of regs in the US - there's a lot more Apeks product available in EU markets

Apeks Products

Some stuff is just Apeks branded like the watches & computers (Seiko) but a lot of it is in-house design and/or build

Sorry for the brief description. Truthfully as to exactly which aspect of technical diving, I am unsure. I wanted a dual tank system with quality components that I could also run side mounts off of. Other then the computer the reg/bc is the most costly and for good reason. I was just trying to see what general opinion was.

you arent going to get a very good use backmount and sidemount dual system, they are 2 different animals.

Apeks XTX50s for the regs and the WTX6 or 6R (if you're not using a drysuit).

However I am extremely biased :D

EDIT: Forgot BP. Aluminium BP if you're diving a wetsuit, Steel if not.

As for harnesses. I've got a 1-piece, and to be honest they aren't all they're cracked up to be. Honestly I'd recommend a harness with clips. As soon as this one goes I'm moving back to harness with releases.

Back
Top Bottom