Looking for a good point and shoot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is an auto strobe from sealife. You dont need to worry about adjusting the intensity of the light, it does it automatically, but you can still adjust for more fine tuning of the shots if desired....Its good for any camera...what were you looking at possibly spending?

Link:
Dive Right In Scuba

I figure I will have to spend at least that much (I think it list for $350) but am willing to pay more if its a decent strobe, especially one that could be used if and when I upgrade to a better camera!

Its universal, and should be good with anything. There are better out there, for more money, Im satisfied with my level of photography and this strobe...you will just need to determine what level your willing to shoot for :wink:

Goodluck and keep us posted!!

Some great information and suggestions so far.

Please also check out the Sticky at the top of the forum for more links to systems, general information and suggestions on where to shop.

I like the Canon range, but if you are doing a lot of deep diving (really past rec limits) you might want to check out the Ikelite housings. There are more reasons than depth to head to Ikelite, of course. Personally, the Canon A series with the Canon housings are still the best bang for buck that I've seen around.

Spend a little more on a strobe if you think you might change camera systems. You can never have too much light and control :) And the resale on a more capable strobe is often better than on the bottom of the line range...

Have fun and post some photos soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom