Looking for a good brand of swivel for regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike-G

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone recommend a brand and even model of a swivel for my regulator? I constantly have to grab and hold my second stage when I'm turning my head because my second stage hose acts like a stick and pushes it out of my mouth. I've tried a shorter hose and it helps ... looking for the next improvement.

Thanks,
Mike

before you go the swivel route, I would consider going to a new regulator hose configuration. Have you tried going to a primary-donate style of hose routing instead of secondary take/donate?

The ball swivels from Cave Adventurers are the best bang for buck in swivels, with the Omni's being the best overall imho

"Have you tried going to a primary-donate style of hose routing instead of secondary take/donate" I have no idea what this means.

Atomic makes a good swivel. It comes standard on a lot of their regs but before I switched to Atomic regs I had Scubapro and you could buy their swivel and it would work on the SP. I found using one to be much more comfortable than not. Wouldn't dive without one now.

"Have you tried going to a primary-donate style of hose routing instead of secondary take/donate" I have no idea what this means.

What T-bone is asking is if you have tried a long hose (5') on your second stage? With a longer hose that wraps around your neck once will have more flexibility to move when you turn your head. This takes some of strain off of the second stage.

The other part of having a long hose is that second stage is your primary but also the regulator that you donate in case of an OOA issue. Your backup is then your other second stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom