Looking for a FFM.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DragonslayerAZ

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, I'm public safety In AZ however not public safety diver at this time. However I am interested in what FFM I can use in a rec/tec situation now, then in the not too distant future transition into Public safety down the road. I've looked at the OTS Guardian, and the IS divator. Is pos pressure an absolute must, or can I get away with the semi pos in say the guardian. I'm also looking at fitment is it a one size fits all or are there sizes in these setups I need to be aware of. In an MSA ultra elite I'm a medium size face piece.
thanks

The Semi-positive pressure actually becomes positive pressure once you get under the surface of the water. The pressure differential will cause a free flow if you break the seal on the mask once under water.

I've got both the Interspiro and the Guardian, the Guardian fits me better and seems to fit most of the folks who I've loaned it to better around the face. It has a double seal so it sems to fit a wider number of face sizes/types.

Thanks for the answer. The area I work the dive team is volunteer so the equipment wont be department issued, I will be forking over the funds. In terms of budget friendly is there anywhere in particular to look besides Ebay and the marketplace here for something used?

Those or just wait a bit for the DEMA show in November- should be specials around then.

You'll find more used Interspiro's out there than Guardians- because 1. They've been around longer and 2. People are selling their Interspiro's in order to buy Guardians. :D

TC:
Those or just wait a bit for the DEMA show in November- should be specials around then.

You'll find more used Interspiro's out there than Guardians- because 1. They've been around longer and 2. People are selling their Interspiro's in order to buy Guardians. :D

I take it the guardian is the way to go?

If possible try them out, see if any of your local dive shops have one or the other.

I prefer the Guardian.

Take a look at the Ocean Reef Neptune Space or GDivers. Great breathability, reliability, and comfort. Our dive teams here use these and h I have some used and demo units, email me if you are interested. brian@diverdan.com

We have used both the Guardian and the Neptune. You want the Guardian. It is far more robust. We use those for the public safety team that we are affiliated with.

The Guardian fits faces better than the Interspiro and does not have the "fitting compatibility" problems. Some people use the Interspiro because for some reason, it is suppose to be easier to rig for different sources of gas, but in reality that does not seem to be an issue. Maybe someone else can elaborate on that.

We have several one year old lightly used ones that we are interested in selling either with our without the buddy phone.

Last edited:
We use the guardian OTS at the Florida aquarium. We have them rigged both for single tank use, and for surface supply work with a back mounted bailout bottle and a switch block. I love them - VERY easy to use, and very comfortable too. I would not think twice about picking one up for personal use if I were willing to cough up the cash. There are a number of vendors that carry used guardians - just google used guardian OTS and you will find some.

Take a look at the Ocean Reef Neptune Space or GDivers. Great breathability, reliability, and comfort. Our dive teams here use these and h I have some used and demo units, email me if you are interested. brian@diverdan.com

Email sent

---------- Post added September 6th, 2013 at 01:23 PM ----------

We have used both the Guardian and the Neptune. You want the Guardian. It is far more robust. We use those for the public safety team that we are affiliated with.

The Guardian fits faces better than the Interspiro and does not have the "fitting compatibility" problems. Some people use the Interspiro because for some reason, it is suppose to be easier to rig for different sources of gas, but in reality that does not seem to be an issue. Maybe someone else can elaborate on that.

We have several one year old lightly used ones that we are interested in selling either with our without the buddy phone.

pm me with what you have please

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom