looking for a dive partner in Cali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thompsonbe2001

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to the SoCal area,I just got out of the
Marine Corps after 8 1/2 years. I'm originally from Florida.
I'm starting the College of Oceaneering in Sept.I'm PADI cert. and I'll dive any chance I can. I'm looking for a dive partner,preferablly a female but if not, hey,diving's diving no matter who you're with.Slip me a line if you're intrested.

Hey Thompsonbe2001.... that's a very long name, mind if I just call you T2001?

Welcome to the boards! I'm not going to be much help in the way of a dive buddy since I'm in Thailand but you've come to the right place to find one, and also to spend your above water time.

Enjoy the boards and hope to see you on here often!
Cheers CA Ears
:)

You're very lucky. One of our beloved Regulators, Mario, is in the same town as you, and if you EVER wanted to try out the most interesting and latest dive gear and technology, Mario is the guy to get with.

He'll probably be checking in here soon, so be sure to look him up.

-- "Jealous" TexasMike

hmmm, did I hear my name being called? :D

Hey there thompsonbe2001, welcome to the ScubaSource family, glad to have you aboard!

I'm in San Diego. Let me know if you ever make it down this way.

thanks for the replies.I hope SoCal will be half as good as the diving in Florida. How is the Catalina Islands, are they ant good.Let me know where all the good places are, I'm ready to get wet....

Catalina Island (only one of them) is great. Tons of cool stuff to check out there... it's further than a lot of people think (26 miles from Newport Harbor).... but there are also some great dives in Laguna Beach and some really great stuff up a bit north in the Santa Barbra area.... lots of cool people too... you won't be disappointed I'm sure...

check out this place for some cool dive sites in Laguna

Good luck man....

Weclome to So Cal.

Diving is in So Cal is great. Try around the Palos Verdes peninsula...lots of wildlife.

The water will be alot colder in So Cal than in Florida though...low to mid 60's depending on what time of day you dive.

No fair! I want to live in Cali, or Florida, the bahamas, anywhere there is good diving. The middle of Texas doesn't offer a lot in the way of spectacular dive sites!

So I guess I will pack all my belongings, sell the house I am having built move to Cali, buy a house that is half a million and 1000sq foot, then I will be your dive buddy!

Anyway welcome aboard!

Syruss
scubadiver@coraladventures.net
http://ww.coradventures.net

Heck man.. half a million won't buy you dirt where I live.

Gotta Love Orange County... Maybee a condo if you're lucky

:D

I'd rather go live in Coz or somewhere exotic... I know such a spoiled brat.. grew up on balboa Island and want to move .... geesh....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom