Looking for a Dive - Long Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Red

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Buffalo, NY formerly from Ontario, Canada
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings Long Islanders,

I'll be in and around Montauk next week - Looking for a Dive on Saturday, May 21st.
Just wondering if anyone could suggest a charter or want to get together for a local dive?

I'm a Cannuck Diver from the Ontario Fresh Water Freaks section of the Scubaboard.
I live in St. Catharines on the shores on Lake Ontario where some of us dive year round - sometimes the water is harder than others :eyebrow:

Looking forward to a salty dip!

Chris Red:
Greetings Long Islanders,

I'll be in and around Montauk next week - Looking for a Dive on Saturday, May 21st.
Just wondering if anyone could suggest a charter or want to get together for a local dive?

I'm a Cannuck Diver from the Ontario Fresh Water Freaks section of the Scubaboard.
I live in St. Catharines on the shores on Lake Ontario where some of us dive year round - sometimes the water is harder than others :eyebrow:

Looking forward to a salty dip!

Beach or Boat??

deep or shallow?

A group of us just went out on the Sea Turtle this past Sunday. The boat is in Montauk. I would highly recommend them--the trip was great and Capt. Chuck and the crew were outstanding. You can take a look at www.seaturtlecharters.com

Hi DeepLou and FrankF Thanks for making me feel so welcome.
I was down same time last year and hooked up with SkottyK & Jen & Chris for a shore dive at Secret Beach - Scotty can't make it this year - I've also been in touch with Sea Turtle Charters - I can dive Thursday, Friday or Saturday - Sea Turtle has a boat on Sunday... Just my luck - I'm slotted in a surfing competition for Sunday.

So while a shore dive is Ok - I'd love to get in on a boat dive - within RDP limits - and if I can get in 2 dives so much the better. Sea Turtle said they had some interest for Saturday - but if I touch base with them later in the week - might be able to put something together.

Diving in Ontario is pretty Awesome - Cold fresh water keeps our wooden wrecks in great condition and there are lots of them - but the ocean - now that's an entirely different kettle 'o fish - if you get my drift :wink:

FrankF:
A group of us just went out on the Sea Turtle this past Sunday. The boat is in Montauk. I would highly recommend them--the trip was great and Capt. Chuck and the crew were outstanding. You can take a look at www.seaturtlecharters.com

Talk about mixing priorities! I competed in the Eastern Surfing Association (ESA) North East Regional Surfing competition on Sunday... missing a chance to dive on Sunday.
I placed 6th in the Women's Bodyboard Finals - the good news they are eliminating this category next year - so I'll catch the charter instead!

Asside from catching waves every day, I did managed to get a salty dive in - very nice!
See you next year!

Sorry I missed you. I just needed to relax after the previous weekend's marathon. Plus it is a pretty long ride for me to get out there.

Yup. We're hading ou here in July for an overnighter on Block Island with possibly a second night in Montauk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom