Looking for a dive charter in Tampa area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CoolCanuck

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all. I am going to be in the Tampa area at the end of January/beginning of February. Any suggestions on dive operations to contact to see what the Gulf has to offer? I am a fresh/cold water diver from Ontario, accustomed to current and terrible visibility.:canada:

I know Rock Bottom in Dunedin and Narcosis in Tarpon Springs both have charter boats. You might have to really call around though as many charters simply may not have enough clients to run trips. Water temp was 65 last I heard. Which may as well be ice diving for a Floridian. Fortunately you don't have to go too far out as the vis is usually pretty good in skinny water this time of year. Which also brings in a concentration of many species of marine life that seek out the warmer water closer to shore. Tons of goliath groupers right now.

Hello! I'm an instructor up in Maryland and a lot of my confined water students finish their certifications elsewhere in warmer climates on vacation. I recently had a student ask about good places to do the open water certification dives in the Tampa, Florida area. Can anyone here provide me with a few place to point students when this comes up again? Cheers!! - Chris

I dove with tanks a lot few years back, nice little operation, safe and pretty good, boat isnt big

Bumcikaz, do you know if they do certification dives and stuff like that at Tanks A Lot?

I think they do check outs, but i would call them to find out for sure

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom