Looking for a dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maramara10

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I moved from New Orleans to Atlanta 8 months ago and have not been diving since then. I am a very much beginner diver with just about 10-12 dive logs. I am looking for a dive buddy who would want to take short dive trips on weekends. I am off from July 2nd to 5th and don't have a plan yet. I would love to go to dive somewhere. Also, I want to go to Hawaii this year to dive but need a dive buddy. I just hope that my dive buddy is a little bit more experience than I am as I am such a beginner yet. but you know.. I will grow. :eyebrow: :07:

Youngju

Where are you looking to dive on the your 4 day vacation? I'll be shore diving in Gulf Shores, AL with another ScubaBoarder(from Biloxi, MS) that weekend, feel free to come along. You are within a few hours driving distance from pretty much all the panhandle, a tad longer if you are heading down the peninsula of FL. Pensacola, Destin, and Panama City have shore dives to offer, and pretty much everywhere with water access in FL have excellent options as far as boat dives go.

...this doesn't even cover all the natural springs in South-East :)

Hi guys,

I'm in Atlanta too and a new diver. Haven't been in more than a year, but I'm headed to Bonaire in August! I'm AOW certified and can't wait to get some dives logged - I'm sure after Bonaire I'll have a LOT more.

Let's keep in touch - it would be great to have a group of dive buddies in ATL!

Joni

If you are interested PM me. My local dive shop has a trip to WPB Florida from July 2 through July 5. We will have several new divers going with us. I generally have no set Buddy on these trips. Just PM if interested I can give you more information.

Hey, looks like we're in the same boat. I was just certified on a trip to Belize in April and I'm looking for some dive buddies in ATL. Just logged my 11th in Negril on Monday, and I'm trying to plan my next trip. I was thinking about trying either Charleston or North Florida for the 4th wkd. I have the 2nd and 5th off as well. -Art

Hey everybody, I'm not in Atlanta but still in Georgia (Valdosta)! I'd love to join in on a trip if anybody is planning!

You guys need to just carpool down to South Florida and dive with us Conchs. Anywhere south of WPB is fantastic - boat dives to the wrecks/beach dives to the reefs. And the surface intervals are fantastic!

Hope to see some of you guys down here in the future.

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

jjs1978
where in v town are u from??

dave

Didn't realize there are so many Georgia divers on this board, I'm in Savannah (actually Richmond Hill). We do local diving here, so you if any of you want to plan a trip to Savannah, come on down. Click the link in my signature for pic/video on our local diving.

Have a good one all.

A.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom