Looking for a Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you asked at the dive shops in Destin & P'cola? Perhaps they can point you to a good buddy. I've taken charters with Emerald Coast in Destin among others, and have had good buddies, but was just lucky. There is a Gulf dive club somewhere in the area too, perhaps the shops can get you a contact there.
The panhandle is also called LA, as in Lower Alabama (AL was cheated out of a lot of shoreline they say). I've also heard it called the (Florida's) Tundra. "Redneck Riviera" I believe is reserved for the Miss. Coast, while inland Miss. may be called "In Thar".
Shore diving goes to pot West of Gulf Shores, AL due to low viz from Mobile Bay and the Miss. River.
Another thought is try posting in Deep Dixie Divers under US--S.E. US. I've found a couple of buddies that way.
thx

Well I would say I am in but you are about 4 and half hours from me. I can tell you when they make trips out, H2O Below is a great dive boat out of Pensacola. I have dove with them before and they go to all the good locations like the Oriskany, New Venture, and all the other good ship wrecks and sunken ships. I live in Central Mississippi and dive down near the Mississippi Gulf Coast and it’s sometimes good on Vis and then other times it’s horrible, especially if the Mississippi River gets high and a lot of silt gets brought down into the Gulf.
Where do you dive in Miss. where you can get decent depth & good viz at times (are you talking salt water--Miss. Sound?).

Around some of the offshore oil rigs and around ship island

Pastor, I am out of Mobile and dive in your area a good bit. Actually I meet up with James79 a lot and dive all along the coast there. If you are looking for a dive buddy hit me up, I am always ready to hit the water - work not withstanding.

I would say that most members here are probably open to finding a dive buddy but not necessarily looking for one.
Have you tried divebuddy.com? Everyone there is looking for a dive buddy so you will have more success there.
I'll look you up if I ever get back to LA. (Lower Alabama) ;-)
I love it there and wouldn't mind living there some day but life has other plans for me right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom