Looking for a dive buddy July 12/13/14 - Monterey area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mpenders

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm down here in CA visiting family, and will be staying in Pacific Grove this weekend. I'm hoping to find someone to log a few dives with.

I'm an MSDT (instructor) from the Seattle area, and dive weekly in cold water with little to no vis. I dive dry, carry a camera and tend to shoot macro (a Puget Sound necessity). I brought all my gear, including tanks, and am ready to hit the water. I have logged several Monterey dives the last few years, and hope to get a few more before I head back north.

I'd be downright tickled if anyone had room on their boat for me, but am accustomed to shore diving and would be game for just about anything.

Anyone looking to go dive?

Mike

Janolus Fuscus 1.jpg

Hi Mike, I'm down in CA working on a project and will be staying in Monterey this weekend. Perhaps we can dive together.

I'm also an instructor from the Seattle area and dive monthly in cold water, but hey, we do have some vis. I'd say I typically see 10-20'. I dive dry and leave my camera phone in the car. I left all of my gear in Seattle (I came donw on my motorcycle), and am ready to rent a full set, including tanks, and hit the water. I havn't logged any dives in Monterey yet, and hope to get a few in on this trip before I head back north.

I'd be happy to shore dive or boat dive. I can probably strap tanks on my bike, but it would be easeir if I could throw them in the back of someone's car (or boat).

I am looking to dive. Anyone else?

mpenders, if you can find a buddy, see if you can get Lobos reservations. The diving there is fabulous, and you can get in there even if the wind is blowing out the boat folks.

Hi TSandM,

Unfortunately, Lobos is booked solid this weekend. There might be a chance I could dive there Monday, if I can find a buddy.

Fortunately, I did a couple shore dives there a couple years ago, and last year was on a charter that was able to get us to a site that was pretty close to the park. I thoroughly enjoy diving the area.

Is vis picking up back home?

For macro try diving Del Monte pier (wharf#2) vis is probably pretty crapy right now but macro should work fine.
Dive 276-277 128.jpg

Back
Top Bottom