looking for a dive buddy in the tampa bay, FL area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ktbca57

New
Reaction score
I am trying to find a diving buddy available for dive trips in the gulf as well as to the Keys...

I have about 30-something dives completed.. so I'm fairly new... so whomever it is will need to be a bit patient.

I AM certified for Nitrox... enjoy deep dives as well as night dives... reef dives are preferred over wreck dives...

I have also been diving in the Pacific off the coast of Mexico - and have been to West Palm Beach (drift diving) a few times...

Mainly would like a buddy that is available once or twice a month to go diving... especially for the Keys dives (I hate that long dive alone!)

Please contact me if you have any interest!:)

ktbca57:
I am trying to find a diving buddy available for dive trips in the gulf as well as to the Keys...

I have about 30-something dives completed.. so I'm fairly new... so whomever it is will need to be a bit patient.

I AM certified for Nitrox... enjoy deep dives as well as night dives... reef dives are preferred over wreck dives...

I have also been diving in the Pacific off the coast of Mexico - and have been to West Palm Beach (drift diving) a few times...

Mainly would like a buddy that is available once or twice a month to go diving... especially for the Keys dives (I hate that long dive alone!)

Please contact me if you have any interest!:)

Hi, Me and my husband dive local and in the keys. I have just been Cert. last yr. But my husband has been diving for a long while.We are always looking for new dive friends. We are planning a trip to the Keys in Sept. over the labor day weekend. How was the Drift Dive in west palm? We have been wanting to Dive there. Hope to hear from you soon.

I grew up in St. Pete and now live in Lakeland. I dive the West Palm area at least one weekend per month and the Keys several times per year. I'm always looking for a buddy. You're welcome to come with me any time.

Hi,

Since posting the ad looking for a dive buddy, I have met someone and am now living with him... he learned to dive at my request (altho he's a total airhog!)... also since the posting, I have doubled my dive time... so i'm a tad bit better!

As for WPB... It is actually my favorite dive locale... drift diving is also referred to as "couch potato diving"... you jump in, ride the current, pop up, and the boat comes and gets you... you never have to worry about where it is! btw... i had my most awesome night dive in WPB!

If you go to WPB please check out a dive service called Puravida... 1-800-dive-wpb... you can also visit their website: http://www.puravidadivers.com/

they are awesome and take great care of you. Would love to do the keys in Sept.... haven't done them since my beau was certified there a little more than a year ago... just always seems so far when WPB is only 3 hours from us... but actually we are heading for Baltimore for a wedding that weekend... we ARE planning a trip to Miami on the 16th of Sept (going to the Paul McCartney concert there)... and I"m trying to convince him to spend an extra night so we can dive in the keys while we are so close.

Who do you dive with in the keys? I've always used Capt Slates... but would love other options if you have them.

Also, please feel free to reply directly to this to my hotmail account: ktbCA57@hotmail.com

If I don't speak to you again.. have a great and safe time in the Keys!

Kelley

es1760:
Hi, Me and my husband dive local and in the keys. I have just been Cert. last yr. But my husband has been diving for a long while.We are always looking for new dive friends. We are planning a trip to the Keys in Sept. over the labor day weekend. How was the Drift Dive in west palm? We have been wanting to Dive there. Hope to hear from you soon.

Have a look at the Florida Conch Divers forum.

Laurens

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

addendum to my previous message: you can contact me directly at ktbCA57@hotmail.com

also... if you go to PuraVida tell them Kelley sent you... and they'll take extra good care of you!

es1760:

Have you posted on our Flordia forum...??

I'm on Utila Island this week, but wanted to log on long enough to welcome our new members. :D

:cowboy2: don

Hi ktbca57, My name is Matt. I’d like to welcome you to Scuba Board! It’s a really nice place for divers to meet other divers. Take care and Safe Diving. :scubadive

:balloon
Click here to greet a new member!

No experience needed and it feels great!

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

es1760:

I'm always looking for new dive friends to go diving with. I have a 21 ft boat set for diving. I try to get out every week end. We are planning a dive trip to the Keys in early sept. Labor Day weekend. Hope to here from you for some diving.

Your new dive friend
Diver Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom