Looking for a Cheap but good backup computer to Teric as Primary.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes both will come in a future software update. in November they said it would be available in January but is not here yet. though the trimix will be a extra 75 dollars for the update.
the custom GFs plus 3 gasses is free. This would allow one to do AN/DP with two deco gasses.

10 gasses plus trimix is a $75 upgrade.

Here you go=

For Sale Genesis Centauri - used one trip-$200​

In the for sale under computers. Same computer as Deep 6 Excursion. Has the same Buhlmann algorithms as Shearwater, very easy to use and unobtrusive. I have used one for a few years as a backup to my Shearwater Perdix and love it!

pinged Landon and will respond when he does to me.

Sure, but he already has a Teric. A bit of overkill for a rec computer, but I'm guessing he enjoys the AI capability. In his case, the programmable GFs is the more important feature.

There are some enhancements to the UI that people are really going to like.

Yes I got the Teric for the AI.

I am new and finding the board has been fantastic. Great advice all of it. I am looking at the Genesis Centauri and Deep 6. I am now thinking that I will just wait till the Perigrines come back into stock and get one of those to matchup with my Perdix.

I am new and finding the board has been fantastic. Great advice all of it. I am looking at the Genesis Centauri and Deep 6. I am now thinking that I will just wait till the Perigrines come back into stock and get one of those to matchup with my Perdix.
Just so you are fully informed while the Centauri and Deep6 are mostly the same computer today, when Deep6 updates the firmware it is extremely likely that the Centauri does not get the same update and after that point they will not functionally be the same. My earlier recommendation was for the computer as it is today. The added functionality that seems to be coming with the Deep6 is added bonus, how much is that worth is up to the individual making the choice. I bought my Deep6 computer new right when they came out, if the functions that are reported to be coming hold true then I got one awesome computer for the price I paid

Just so you are fully informed while the Centauri and Deep6 are mostly the same computer today, when Deep6 updates the firmware it is extremely likely that the Centauri does not get the same update and after that point they will not functionally be the same. My earlier recommendation was for the computer as it is today. The added functionality that seems to be coming with the Deep6 is added bonus, how much is that worth is up to the individual making the choice. I bought my Deep6 computer new right when they came out, if the functions that are reported to be coming hold true then I got one awesome computer for the price I paid
Yep I agree from the deep six.

This is correct. Probably 90% of the code has been rewritten by the Deep 6 firmware engineer (not Landon, not me).

@wetb4igetinthewater is correct. The new firmware was done in-house, and is a Deep6 exclusive firmware.

This has been my personal product development project for past 6 months. I am excited for the coming firmware releases.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom