Looking for a BSAC instructor in Taiwan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ipgct

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Seemingly long shot, but I'm looking for a instructor who can help me progress to Sports Diver. I'd rather not have to convert, as I would probably convert back when I return home. A lot of shops have never even heard of BSAC, but if anyone can help or point me in the direction of someone who can?

Seemingly long shot, but I'm looking for a instructor who can help me progress to Sports Diver. I'd rather not have to convert, as I would probably convert back when I return home. A lot of shops have never even heard of BSAC, but if anyone can help or point me in the direction of someone who can?
There are BSAC franchises in Japan, Korea and Thailand, plus BSAC Branches in Malaysia, Hong Kong and Singapore.

The only BSAC instructor I knew in Taiwan left a couple years ago.

If you can't find another one, send me a private message, and I can recommend some good instructors who can train you well and certify you through other agencies. I don't teach scuba courses anymore, but some of my buddies are very experienced instructors who are still quite actively teaching with PADI, SSI, etc.

Can't recall what you'd need to do to have those certs accepted by your local BSAC club in the UK.

You should get going soon, as the diving season in NE Taiwan won't last too much longer.

Know this is late, but just some thoughts in case anyone else runs into this. Japan has a huge BSAC franchise - after the UK there's more schools there than anywhere else. There's several BSAC centres in Okinawa, which has plenty of flights to Taipei, and also has some decent diving thrown in.

If you don't want to spend the money to travel though, BSAC clubs do recognise other qualifications, so you can always just do the equivalent level PADI (or whatever) course locally, and dive on that within your home club. BSAC recognise the PADI Rescue Diver course as being equivalent to Sport Diver.

The only BSAC instructor I knew in Taiwan left a couple years ago..

There is a British BSAC instructor who has been living in Taiwan for over 30 years still here and teaching BSAC.

BSAC recognise the PADI Rescue Diver course as being equivalent to Sport Diver.

You would still need to fill in missing gaps though to progress to Dive Leader (next qual after Sports for BSAC) or to dive as a Sports Diver... things like Deco and Nitrox are missing from PADI...

You would still need to fill in missing gaps though to progress to Dive Leader (next qual after Sports for BSAC) or to dive as a Sports Diver... things like Deco and Nitrox are missing from PADI...

Was aware that there were some top ups needed, but suprised Deco and Nitrox are in there - aren't they taught in AOW or Rescue? BSAC introduce nitrox (up to 36) at Ocean Diver level (OW equivilent), and introduce deco in Sport, so if AOW and Rescue don't cover them seems to make a bit of a mockery of equivilencies.

Was aware that there were some top ups needed, but suprised Deco and Nitrox are in there - aren't they taught in AOW or Rescue? BSAC introduce nitrox (up to 36) at Ocean Diver level (OW equivilent), and introduce deco in Sport, so if AOW and Rescue don't cover them seems to make a bit of a mockery of equivilencies.

PADI does not teach DECO diving it's all about NDL diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom