Looking for a backup Dive Computer Watch..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a Oceanic OCS because it is one of the only things I have ever won so I call it lucky! As for other computers I have a couple of BUDs I bought cheap. It is a good idea and is better than not having anything if you're main computer dies but is very limited. I have had a Zoop that worked great but for the money I have a Subgear that works really well. I would go for a full function wrist mount, the BUD is not priced low enough compared to a full function computer for me.

i really like my meridian and the shearwater is less conservative (whcih in your case is good) since if the shearwater fails you should be one a more conservative profile. The disadvantage is that you may bend the meridian unless you back the micro bubble level off or add more conservativism to the shearwater.
however you can manually desaturate the meridian and return it to service on the boat. There is no hard lock out if you know the code (its in the manual posted on sucbapro's website.

the watch takes a beating and seems to resist stages very well with the metal bezel.

the band is made of rubber and so far seems durable and it can fit over my drsuit. Plus you can swap it for a nylon band easily.

Functions just like the Alladin 2g.

Meridian is an excellent choice!

Aeris Manta

I back up my Shearwater with custom tables and a Vytec in gauge mode but that doesn't work well as a watch :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom