Looking 7.25" double bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anybody know where I can get a set of doubles bands for 7.25" AL63s with 8.25 centers for a US Divers center tap manifold? Everything I've found has 8.5" centers.

No. Those are on 8.5 inch centers. My manifold is 8.25". My manifold is a US Divers single post, center tap manifold like was used in the mid '70s and before.

No. Those are on 8.5 inch centers. My manifold is 8.25". My manifold is a US Divers single post, center tap manifold like was used in the mid '70s and before.

I am not certain but do not think there are any. You will probably need to drop to 6.9 inch tanks like aluminum 50s and steel 72s. You may find one but that c/c distance is not really correct for 7.25 tanks.

N

I have a set of 72 doubles with US Diver J valve manafold,bands,Calypsolll 1st and 2nd stage working condion.I want tanks will trade for 2 valves or other gear.PM SENT

Last edited:
I have two Navy non mag tanks (7.625" D) on a USD 8.25' manifold ( the non mag manifold was 8.75") and had to make the bands for them.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I have three of the one-piece US Divers manifolds that I bought brand new from military surplus. I have one on a set of AL53s with an old set of bowed bands on a Healthways plastic campac. I want to put together another set of slightly bigger doubles using one of the other manifolds. The manifolds are made with 8 1/4 inch centers and modern bands don't fit right.

I've been scouring the Internet and today I found these:

7.25 Inch Stainless Steel Cylinder Bands "Dual Hole Model"

They look like what I'm looking for, so I'm gonna order a set. I have an old Dive-Rite backplate to mount them on, so I should be pretty much set to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom