Lookinf for a club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarahboo

Reaction score
Hi
I live in Dagenham, essex - just outside london.
Im looking for a dive club that has at least a handful of female members - the dagenham bsac is mainly men and I didnt really feel comfy with any of them.
Im just about to do my padi advanced OW on holiday in the DR and really want to join a club on my return to put it to some use.
I have my own transport so am happy to travel to a club - but not to far.
Many thanks for reading
Sarahboo

Sarahboo

Firstly welcome to Scubaboard. Glad to see the more and more UK divers are learning about the Scubaboard family!!!

As for diving clubs, I am not a member of any club personally as I'm not too keen on our colder waters.

I found this site - not sure if its the same one you have been with previously but its always worth a look and a phone call.

Subaqua UK - Dive Clubs through Essex

Or you could always use ScubaSearch to see if you can find anything.

ScubaSearch

Anyway - good luck and keep us posted on if you find a good one!

Hi,

If you would consider driving down to Brighton, then read on...

Sussex Diving Club is a BSAC (but don't worry - we are very open to new members from any of the training agencies, and have a number of PADI divers within the club) club based out of Brighton.

We have two RIBs moored in the marina - so no towing boats to the coast! We dive (weather permitting) most weekends from Easter(ish) to November and Wednesday evenings and a small group of us that can escape work get out sometimes during the week. We have a club trip to Brixham organised in May (mainly a training week) and a Red Sea trip booked for August.

We have a fairly large group of regular female divers who would testify to the fact that the club is genuinely female friendly.

The club actually acquired about five members from the Croyden area of London last summer - they were drivng down to the South Coast to dive anyway and figured it was better to be members of a club where they were going to dive. They have found that they have done much more diving this way.

Check out the club website (but PLEASE TURN OFF your computer sound system - I apologise in advance for the "music" - it has been thoroughly condemned and will be removed in due course.

Alastair

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom