Lookin to get a new rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usmc4x4:
I currently have an IKELITE Auto35 with an A35 Strobe and would like to go digital. I am looking at an Oly SP-350. How much can I expect to spend for the full rig? Any gotchas or vendors to avoid? Thanks for the help.

Keep the A35 strobe it may work on the SP-350, my Olympus C-8080 can fire any of the older but proven Ikelite strobes even on slave mode. I just saw at almost brand new Ikelite Ai (the DS 125 replaced the strobe) that sold on ebay for less than $90 a new DS 125 is about $500+

Now an almost brand new Ikelite MS50 is bidding for $100+ (the DS 50 replaced this one).

Firefyter:
You might PM mle_osu about the Bonica, and get her thoughts on it. I'm pretty sure I read where she bought one last year. As for the Sunpak, there are a couple of threads on the board about them right now. I believe there's a design flaw in the battery door that's causing some problems. It's too bad, I really wanted to try that one out, but I think I'll wait til they iron the bugs out.....

I recently purchased a Sunpak G-Flash. Tried it out on dry land and absolutely loved it. First dive it leaked.:( Didn't flood completely, just moist in battery compartment. Of course by next day it no longer worked. Called the companys customer service and was told to send it in to warranty repair service. Did so on 5/26 and am waiting to hear from them now. Sure hope they get this thing straightened out, and soon. It appeared to be a great unit . . . if it didn't leak!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom