Lookie lookie at what i found on craigslist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

memory lane

Attachments

• old scuba 001.JPG
    old scuba 001.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 78
  • more old scuba 001x2.jpg
    more old scuba 001x2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 47
  • more old scuba 002x2.jpg
    more old scuba 002x2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 48
  • more old scuba 003x2.jpg
    more old scuba 003x2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 55
  • more old scuba 005x2.jpg
    more old scuba 005x2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 54
  • robert shaw himself.jpg
    robert shaw himself.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 54
After seeing all of the posts it makes me very thankfull for my gear and nice equipment has became over the years. Makes me wonder who much gear will change over the next 30 years.

Pretty funny. It's an air bag, for crying out loud. Put air in, let air out. What's really changed? No rocket science involved in the design as far as I can see.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Fw4BZ6O1R...k/Yj5RX2OrMag/s400/aqua-lung+weird+logo+1.jpg

Squid;
In the off chance you are serious in not recognizing the old US Divers/ Aqua Lung logo, whack the link.

That logo is most responsible for bringing scuba the the US. Rene Bussoz started US Divers in LosAngeles in the early 1950's and imported the Aqua Lung developed by Cousteau in France. It was the first scuba equipment available in the US.

Early Aqua-Lung Identification Plates
Thanks all! I really didn't know what it was. I'm ignorant about vintage gear. I didn't start diving until a couple years ago and haven't delved into the older equipment/history yet. I did watch Mike Nelson growing up, and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea! Sometimes, I almost regret being more interested in surfing and what was on the beach than under the water. :wink:

Pretty funny. It's an air bag, for crying out loud. Put air in, let air out. What's really changed? No rocket science involved in the design as far as I can see.

I know that it is not rocket science. But some of the vintage BC you have to orally inflate even at depth vs my modern BC with power inflater and weight int. So in some ways yes the air bag has changed.

Last edited:
I did watch Mike Nelson growing up, and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea!

Lloyd LIVES!!!

Chug
Misses Sea Hunt, especially the underwater fight scenes when somebody's air hose gets cut!!
It was the precurser to Kenny getting Killed on South Park.
You knew it was going to happen, it was just a question of................when......

Sometimes, I almost regret being more interested in surfing and what was on the beach than under the water. :wink:

Many times I dive at a beach and see all the underwater beauty, then feel so sorry for all the multitude of surf bouncers who don't have a clue what they are missing by just not putting on a mask.

Many times I dive at a beach and see all the underwater beauty, then feel so sorry for all the multitude of surf bouncers who don't have a clue what they are missing by just not putting on a mask.
Yep, in hindsight, I definitely realize my loss!:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom