Look'en for a Dive Shop . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boats

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys and gals!

I am in the serious hunt to purchase a dive shop. IF all the cards fall into place, I'd love to make this happen.

Specifically, I'm looking to start this endevor down in wonderful state of Florida. I've been checking various web sites, as well as contacting shop owners there to see if anything was available.

So, if anyone has a lead or thought, feel free to let me know!

Thanks!

Well if you get set up here in Florida Im in Pompano Beach and an experienced divemaster. So if you need a DM once you get set up let me know, Id be happy to join the team. I have a few years experience running a dive shop as well.

Thanks Zax!

PM me you contact information so I can add it to my bizplan spreadsheet.

I continue to search!

Check areas around inlets for store fronts if your looking to start from ground up. I know Jupiter inlet has one, and palm beach has 2, boynton has i think 2 diveshops by it, and ftlauderdale area has a few (didnt notice any in convenient to hillsburough inlet area just off federal which is a few min drive) I remember seeing one for sale a while ago and some of the ones away from water do ok business aslong as they are on a main road along common routes to boat ramps. I remembered coming across a diveshop for sale like 2 months ago but cant recall exactly where. The fact the location would already have some people used to a diveshop being there would be nice to buy existing, but when shops are going under i have noticed they discount prices rediculously and empty out all their decent stuff quick so you would kinda be stuck with restocking alot anyways.

Thanks imwright, I'll use your information as a guide and check that stuff out.

AGAIN, thank you!

I would like talk to you if you are interested in start dive business in Tampa Florida, have few ideas.
sent me your phone number or email

Boats i know forcee in riviera beach gets decent traffic just to give you a great example, they are on the way to one of the busiest sets of ramps in palm beach just north of the inlet. the are literally right across the bridge so most people going to the ramp have to pass it each trip. only way around it is to cut through a neighborhood or to come in from the island which is going outa your way usually.

Boats you can make a small fortune in the Dive Business, But you half to start with a large fortune.

I read a great article on dive shops buisness. The article was something like, "IF you want to make a million dollars owning a dive shop, start with TWO million."

Like any business, I think there are pros and cons. It's about location, what you can offer, and how you basically treat your customers. My background is sales, marketing and franchising. I have a variety of ideas for the business.

I've also spoke with numerous dive shop owners, getting their thoughts on the business. Questions such as trends, costs, mark-ups, guidelines by equipment manufacturers (Aqua Lung comes to mind with their structure) and more.

It's interesting, for sure. Not to launch into a boring post on the detailis, but I have a variety of other revenue streams I'd like to have in place, just to augment the dive income.

Well, I'm still searching, to answer your question! Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom