Look - Freedom Plate w/ doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I banded up a couple of 72's and finally put together a set of doubles. I can use my DA now with doubles.
I had to custom make the bands because I found an old Heiser center post that's an inch narrower than the isolator the manifold originally came with. It worked out perfect because now I have something to hook my DA up to and I have two more posts to hook whatever else I want to. I think I'm going to use my Conshelf over on the right post and I'll have to change the clocking a bit on the can to make it all work. But it will work. Don't laugh at the wing, it's all I have.
Setting it up was rather easy. I used 3/8" x 6" long stainless carriage bolts to attach the plate to the doubles. The top of the plate free floats a bit away from the tanks so it will still contact my back, and the bottom is adjusted so that the plate just touches on each tank. The setup is rock solid and doesn't move around in the least bit.
Can't wait to dive it.

Attachments

• 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 255
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 263
  • 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 205
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 194
Looks great. I think you will like having the regulator low like that. It's even lower than you can get with a single tank setup.

It looks good.

I like that manifold. Can you swap the two posts so that they are pointing backwards?
This can only be done if the threads on the left and right are the same. If one has right hand threads and the other left hand threads (to adjust the spacing) then you cannot do it.

Some of us use the old Sherwood manifold, which uses standard CGA fitting between the center piece and the two side post. That allows us to swap the two sides pointing the air outlet backward on the side post.

With the side post pointing back there is no interference between the second regulator and the double hose.

With that set up I can even use a vintage single stage Mistral and a dry suit fed by my alternate.

Most of the modern manifolds will not swap due to the threads. This is a nice system as it allows for use of any reg combination vintage or modern.

But I still like the old sherwood cross over.

Yes, as a matter of fact I could point the valves (valve) backwards. Both sides are standard.
That solves the crowding issue.
Thanks

Yes, as a matter of fact I could point the valves (valve) backwards. Both sides are standard.
That solves the crowding issue.
Thanks

Yes, swap them to the back and use either an old Voit MR first or my favorite a MKV swivel type for plenty of routing options.

Beautiful work as usual by the minimalist plate master.

N

I built this plate a couple of years ago. It works with either single or doubles. Has a cutout to clear my double hoses. It is aluminum.

You can dive double 72's fairly easily with no BC.

Attachments

• Front (Small).JPG
    Front (Small).JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 149
  • single tank adapter (Small).JPG
    single tank adapter (Small).JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 178
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom