look for help on a price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello all a buddy of mine has a small cash of old goodys but I have no clue as to what if any price this lot would be worth.
So please take a look at the photos and plug away!View attachment 210758View attachment 210759 10994843_919883498063503_1286358029_n.jpg11419893_919883508063502_293798872_n.jpg

Basically nothing. The reg is an old Dacor Pacer, you can barely find parts for them since Mares bought them out years ago.Aalmost no one services them except maybe a vintage diver. I had one like it in 1982. Corrosion could also be a factor - that gear looks like it's been sitting somewhere for decades.

IMO the other stuff is just old junk. Whatever U.S. Divers 2nd stage that is attached to the Pacer 1st stage might be worth $20 to the right buyer.

I might've seen those fins a couple times on eBay. Selling for whatever they can get - like $10?

Last edited:
I like the oval mask and the BFK. I'd give you $10-15 for the USD 2nd stage. The rest is pretty rough.

You will probably get more for the lead than the rest of the equipment. List it on eBay if you want to find out what it is worth. Don't be surprised if the shipping costs outweigh what someone is willing to pay. Also, don't be surprised if there is someone out there who wants this stuff 'just for sentimental' reasons.

Hello all a buddy of mine has a small cash of old goodys but I have no clue as to what if any price this lot would be worth.
So please take a look at the photos and plug away!View attachment 210758View attachment 210759View attachment 210760View attachment 210761

Just looking at that, what I see in terms of value is the knife attached to the BCD in the foreground (guessing $15 but you should find out what it is to get a better price estimate) and the weights. You'll get about $4-5/kg for that.

The BCD's and reg date the whole kit to the mid to late 80's which means that there's bound to be 30 years of everything wrong with it and it's not old enough to really interest anyone for the collectibility factor. There's just too much of it around still.

The BCD's are not likely to be in working order unless they've been very well taken care of. The inner bladder will have likely disintegrated by now and anything that was made out of rubber will need replacing (valves, inflator hose etc). The metal buckles, cam-bands and plastic backpacks might be worth a few dollars if you strip them down for parts.

On the regulator, the 2nd stages might be worth $20 to someone, in particular the US divers one. The Dacor 1st is going to be hard to get serviced and isn't a practical 2nd hand purchase for active use in diving. If Dacor were still in business you could ask $50-80 for it but you're S.O.L. since Mares killed them. It's a cool paper weight though.

So add that all up and you're looking at $50-60 for the whole thing if you're willing to wait to sell it for parts. If you want to sell it as is you'll get about $20 for it just because someone is going to want the weight belt if you throw in the metal buckle from one of the BCD's.

R..

Last edited:
I'd probably drop $30 to $40 for the lot, may be a bit more if I had a lot of money in my pocket. It's that I've gotten more for less, and still had to put a lot in the garbage. You could piece them out on e-bay or craigslist and get more but, unless you already do that as a hobby, I don't feel it is worth the time.

The U.S. Divers 2nd stage, Pressure gauge (if it works), folding knife, and weights (if they are 1 or 2 pounds) I might work into one of my rigs, but, subject to closer inspection, the rest looks pretty used and useless.

Sorry, but you run into more gravel than gold when looking through old dive gear.

Bob
------------------------------------
I swear its not hoarding dear, I'm just keeping an adequate stock of equipment and parts. It's life support, you know.

Back
Top Bottom