Longnose Gar photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PA303309.JPG

How do I get images over from the photo gallery???

Warren_L:
The green could be from taking the picture further back with a longer focal length, so I wouldn't necessarily say that the green is a definitive difference.

Yeah, I'm using a point-and-shoot digital Oly in a casing (Stylus 410). Don't have too many adjustments on it.

All my pics in the St. Lawrence have that tinge. I ain't shelling out 4 G for a "real camera" with housing... :D

Alex

cudachaser:
How do I get images over from the photo gallery???

go a little further down the page and hit the copy to clipboard button - that is what you paste into your post :wink:

I don't know exactly type of gar y'all got up north. Down here in the southern US, our gar have a mouth full a sharp teeth. You sure don't want to get your hand anywhere nere one! Ours get quite large too. Large fish that are half mouth, and filled with teeth are bad, bad, bad!

fire_diver:
I don't know exactly type of gar y'all got up north. Down here in the southern US, our gar have a mouth full a sharp teeth. You sure don't want to get your hand anywhere nere one! Ours get quite large too. Large fish that are half mouth, and filled with teeth are bad, bad, bad!

The one I saw did seem to have pretty sharp teeth, and quite a few of them too.

It did not look agressive (in fact, just lied there in the silt), but I did not feel the urge to get too close to it...

What do these things eat, anyway? Smaller fish, I surmise?

Do the Rainbow River Florida drift dive to see some big ones...

I have seen alot of them at Blue Springs in Florida. They don't seem to be too afraid of humans, but don't look too aggressive towards us either.

My mom lives on Alligator creek, which used to be loaded with Alligator Gars. I haven't seen any there in several years.

Back
Top Bottom