Longer/shorter corrugated hose advantages/disadvantages?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On my relatively new Zeagle Express Tech BC (replaced my older one that the USPS lost), it came with the standard 19" corrugated hose. On my short torso, the inflator comes down to about my waist. On my volunteer gig at an aquarium, I find the inflator gets in my way a lot when doing things like scrubbing. Could shortening the corrugated hose help with that?

Thanks.

You can get 12” corrugated hoses. I always preferred 16” myself. 12” was too short for me.

Thanks, all. I know that Zeagle also makes a 16", but I'm mostly trying to figure out if it could help with my issue of the inflator getting in the way. In this case it's an Octo-Z, so I'm well aware of matching the lengths. The one that came with the Octo-Z was super long, so I got a shorter reg hose to replace it. The QD is larger for the combined octo so Zeagle's (and others) connector screws onto a standard reg hose.

You can get a shorter corrugated hose but make sure it matches the length of the inflator hose.
I think it should be the other way around; you get the length corrugated hose that you like and then get a LP inflator hose to match that. For the OP, if you're on the shorter side, you will like a 12" corrugated hose a lot more. It's more streamlined and less cluttered, easier to locate right on your shoulder strap, and usually easier to extend up if you want to dump air while vertical. The only caveat is that it needs to be able to reach your mouth easily for oral inflation. But that's rarely an issue considering it originates on your left shoulder, or just behind.

I think it should be the other way around; you get the length corrugated hose that you like and then get a LP inflator hose to match that. For the OP, if you're on the shorter side, you will like a 12" corrugated hose a lot more. It's more streamlined and less cluttered, easier to locate right on your shoulder strap, and usually easier to extend up if you want to dump air while vertical. The only caveat is that it needs to be able to reach your mouth easily for oral inflation. But that's rarely an issue considering it originates on your left shoulder, or just behind.
Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom