Long-sleeved swimsuits!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charleen

Reaction score
Hello!

I’m Charleen and I’m new to this board! I want to say that this discussion forum is a great site to discuss, to give tips and to share different information about scuba-diving! I’m serious!!
I have also some questions and I hope you can help me. My questions concern with the long-sleeved swimsuits that are made for swimming and scuba-diving. The suits are equipped with or without a zipper. And they do not have short or long trouser legs instead of other wetsuits or diveskins. They are made of thin neoprene or lycra! And here are my questions:

1. What are the (production)names and the manufacturers / brands of these swimsuits?
2. Where can I get these long-sleeved swimsuits (eg Internet stores / auctions etc)?
Two years ago I saw a female (of course) member of a water ski show team in TV, who wore a swimsuit with long sleeves.
3. Do you know other activities where you can use a long-sleeved swimsuit?
4. Did anyone wear a swimsuit with sleeves? How does it fit and protects you against the cold?
A few years ago I saw a picture of a long-sleeved swimsuit in a TV guide, but I don’t have the photo anymore and so unfortunately nothing about it. Since then I have been impressed and amazed, because this suit doesn’t look like the ‘normal’ swimsuits, due to the long sleeves. I like their fashionable cut and design. And I think they are a real eye-catcher when you go swimming or scuba-diving.
5. Do you know where can I get photos, articles, historical facts etc of long-sleeved swimsuits?

It would be very nice if you could answer my questions and send only free information (photos, articles etc) to this board or by email: cgqbdpr@gmx.net

Regards

Charleen

PS: Keep on scuba-diving! :)

Welcome to the board...
They're called a few different names, like Lycra "skins", 0.5mm wetsuits, rash guards, & a few others, some with fleece that "claim" to keep a person warmer but have no actual thermodynamic properties to back up said claim.
Skins & guards just keep the little stingie thingies off you, the 0.5mm add a little warmth along with it.
I go with Lycra in tropical water & 0.5mm for the tad cooler/longer dives.
Check the classifieds here, there's probably something.

Charleen:
Hello!

I’m Charleen and I’m new to this board! I want to say that this discussion forum is a great site to discuss, to give tips and to share different information about scuba-diving! I’m serious!!
I have also some questions and I hope you can help me. My questions concern with the long-sleeved swimsuits that are made for swimming and scuba-diving. The suits are equipped with or without a zipper. And they do not have short or long trouser legs instead of other wetsuits or diveskins. They are made of thin neoprene or lycra! And here are my questions:

1. What are the (production)names and the manufacturers / brands of these swimsuits?
2. Where can I get these long-sleeved swimsuits (eg Internet stores / auctions etc)?
Two years ago I saw a female (of course) member of a water ski show team in TV, who wore a swimsuit with long sleeves.
3. Do you know other activities where you can use a long-sleeved swimsuit?
4. Did anyone wear a swimsuit with sleeves? How does it fit and protects you against the cold?
A few years ago I saw a picture of a long-sleeved swimsuit in a TV guide, but I don’t have the photo anymore and so unfortunately nothing about it. Since then I have been impressed and amazed, because this suit doesn’t look like the ‘normal’ swimsuits, due to the long sleeves. I like their fashionable cut and design. And I think they are a real eye-catcher when you go swimming or scuba-diving.
5. Do you know where can I get photos, articles, historical facts etc of long-sleeved swimsuits?

It would be very nice if you could answer my questions and send only free information (photos, articles etc) to this board or by email: cgqbdpr@gmx.net

Regards

Charleen

PS: Keep on scuba-diving! :)

You might want to look at WWW.H20wear.com

Bob3:
Welcome to the board...
They're called a few different names, like Lycra "skins", 0.5mm wetsuits, rash guards, & a few others, some with fleece that "claim" to keep a person warmer but have no actual thermodynamic properties to back up said claim.
Skins & guards just keep the little stingie thingies off you, the 0.5mm add a little warmth along with it.
I go with Lycra in tropical water & 0.5mm for the tad cooler/longer dives.
Check the classifieds here, there's probably something.
I met a diver at the DUI event at Blue Hole, NM that had one on and he wasn't even diving at the time. I asked about, casually and he told me he wore the thing like long underwear. Kept him warm without a butt load of over garments. He even mentioned wearing it at football games.

go figure, it seemed to work for him..

Back
Top Bottom