LONG post about a dispute with my LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you contacted the credt card company to ask them what their take is on this? If he's credited your account, then they should know (and if they're wrong about that, it's thier bad). If he hasn't then you probably should begin the process soon. In any case, the credit card company may have a way for you to protect yourself in this case.

It's sort of like watching the first two episodes of Star Wars before getting to episode IV... It just doesn't have the same impact since Hans Solo, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia have become household words.

Well, my credit card company can't see any more credits than I can, unfortunately.
As I said before, normally I'd think that the LDS owner was lying, but I'm pretty sure it took a while for the first credit to be reflected on my statement, so I'm waiting to see if this is the case.
The owner could've taken care of all of this with one simple fax, but hey, that would be awfully out of character, I suppose.
I have been in contact with the dispute department of my credit card company. The very nice lady that I've been speaking with has told me not to worry, that I'll be able to dispute the charges, and have a fair investigation into who owes whom.
Basically she and I agreed to wait until Tuesday to see if anything is posted and/or the owner presents me with any proof. If nothing by then, she'll begin an investigation first to determine if his bank has sent funds to my credit card company, if so, no big deal, she'll get it taken care of. If not, then we'll go into the process of actually disputing the original charges and having someone decide what a fair resolution is.
So, while I'm not worried about getting all of this resolved, I am still amazed and irritated at the time and effort I've had to invest in all of this.

Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles, I guess.

In the far distant past, I owned a company that accepted credit cards. Being a rather small company, I did not deal directly with the individual cards, but with my local bank. Whenever I gave them a credit, it had to be offset with a charge worth more than the credit. I thought this was assinine then ('83) but the way they seem to not change some things, I would not be surprised if this was still the case. I had one credit take over a week because it seemed EVERYONE paid in cash. Bad for customer relations, but I kept the customer constantly informed of the status, something which is NOT happening here.

Wait until Tuesday? Nooooo! I can't wait until then. Is Darth really Luke's father? And who gets the girl?

:)

(Good luck to you, Crrink!)

It all makes sense now.....

***Warning, what is to follow is not 100% provable, and it's kinda nasty, so read it with that in mind***

I checked my statement online this morning. A credit from 6/13 showed up in the amount of $20.80. NO additional credit for $129.60, which the owner tells me was made sometime around 6/5.
Now, I'm no banking expert, but it seems to me that it is not possible for an earlier credit to take longer to get to my credit card company than a later credit.
The owner told me he made the first credit. He told me that he had his employee make the second one. He told me that he made the third. Credits #1 and #3 show up, but #2 is nowhere to be found.
I believe that his employee is lying. Again.

Now I'm wondering if the owner refused to fax the proof over to me because he couldn't find it, and wouldn't tell me that for whatever reason.
The owner has always seemed like a nice guy, which is what makes me think that all of the headaches are a result of his employee being some combination of stupid, mean, lazy and bad.

It's too bad that the owner won't listen to me more carefully - he might be able to figure this out if he would. I hope that before this is all over, somehow the truth comes out and the employee gets what he deserves.

Okay, I'm done ranting. For now.

I just spent the last 1 1/2 hrs reading this thread instead of working onmy wifes books........I can't wait to read the next installment of"The Wronged Customer"........It sounds like you are bang on Chris...the shop owner is covering for an incompetant employee.......one who must be a relative or perhaps a kid from his wifes first marriag or something...........Maybe the second son of the second son of the local mob boss'es thir dguy in charge ..........

Chris keep battling mate....but remember this young Luke........"Life is just one Dammed thing after another"

I'm sure this will irritate a lot of people but...

Chris, what is your problem?????? Are you some big whimp just looking for attention?? I was on your side at the beginning, but IF ANY of this is true, any reasonable person would have written to their credit card company disputing the amount you felt you did not owe. What are you waiting for?? At this point, since you don't seem to have the guts to do that, I think you deserve whatever treatment the LDS hands out. Stop being a threatening pain in the a... to these people. Sh...or get off the pot!!!

And don't trust what your credit card company says over the phone. If you read your agreement a little further, I think you'll see that they tell you can call or e-mail with problems, but that you give up some of your rights by not sending a letter by US mail. You missed it buddy. You should've disputed within 60 days.

Again, I was on totally on your side in the beginning. But you should've stopped whining long ago and taken action. I tend to believe the LDS is making things up as they go along, and its sad that they can't be honest. But you have given them the time to defend themselves even if they have to make stuff up to do it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom