Long on going elbow pain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AevnsGrandpa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have been diving for almost 3 years now and for the last maybe year my right elbow has a constant ache and sometimes sharp pain when I pick up objects. I'm sitting here reading the newest Dive Training mag and it just occured to me to ask if this pain in my elbow might be DCS?

Earlier in the year I went to an ortho doc, exlpained the pains and symptoms and had an MRI done and was expecting to hear that I had torn my bicep tendon at the elbow but everything came back ok. So the pain goes on.

I guess my question is, if left untreated, can DCS continue to exhibit symptoms of pain like I am describing for a year??

Jeff

I've had this in my left elbow for about a month and a half.

Someone said it may be a "tennis elbow" thing, as I've been diving a lot and schlepping around the 130s... I shoulder one on the right and carry the one in my left hand by the valve.

I started bending my elbow when carrying it now... but every morning I wake up with shooting elbow pain, and throughout the day it will hurt - especially if I extend and grip.

YOW!!!!!!

Not a good pain for a drummer to have. It just started and its bringing me down. I haven't been to the Dr yet. I probably should go soon.

I'll watch this thread. I'll trade you elbows so you can have two good ones. :) Then we could switch back for a few weeks.

---
Ken

I had something similar. It resulted from lifting weights we were using for lift bag practice out of the water at a bad angle. It lasted about a year. I know the source of my pain. Unless you can trace the source of your pain, call DAN and ask. They are there to help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom